1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bone conducting headphones?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well, this thread made me get the noise cancelling Bose ones. The thought of bone conduction sounds cool but I also don’t want to hear shit unless I really have to

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Nice bait hook

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hence a can of peanuts. Just eat them very slowly

henry_carlson and Gorilla George like this.
  4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

BTW the sr80s i talked about air OPEN AIR ... basicly the opposite of noise canceling. you can hear a conversation around you with pretty good volume. mids on a pink floyd, orchestra, w/e are incredible.
    A little bit hot around the ears like others said... i like that they come with the adapter from mini to guitar port size jack.... they make cartridges for record guys too aka vinyl heads

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

understood - and very cool tech

I just determined that I’d need the exact opposite:D

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I did the same thing when I worked in an office. Now I want to be able to hear things going on around me.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you are going to take advice about "bone conducting headphones" you probably can't find someone more qualified to need them than Stick. :D

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. We are getting way off topic now, but I had another passenger come up to me in the Delta lounge and give me shit about eating breakfast with my mask off.

Dude told me I should take a bite, mask on, chew, mask off, bite, mask on, chew.

I told him he should take his mask and go fuck himself with it.

He got this bitchy look on his face, as if he had never heard a curse word before, then he walked off. Which is what I was trying to achieve, so I’ll take it as a win. :D

Funkm05, Phl218, RichB and 2 others like this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I find myself getting shitfaced on planes alot more because I always have a drink. :crackup:

I use Isotunes. They are basically foam ear plugs with decent sound quality pumped thru the middle of the plug. You can't hear a baby screaming from 2 seats over on a plane, let alone someone trying to natter at you or talking loudly on a phone close to you. And they are OSHA compliant so you can tell the safety person to fuck off when they try to tell you that you can't have earbuds in.:D

10. Illbedamned. I didn’t even know those were a thing. I’ll look into them.

I wear foam earplugs all the time at work, when riding, and I’ve slept in earplugs my whole life. If I could have foam earplugs that play music, that would be awesome.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Patience of a saint. :crackup:

Funkm05, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sorry man. I got distracted by this work shit. Fighting with fucking imbecile accountants that don't seem to understand that even though equipment is expensive if you do not have the equipment to do work you do not make any money. I may be getting a call from HR this morning because I was not very nice to the thick headed idiots...:crackup:

Ya, those are the ones. I have the corded version because the cord pisses me off less than having the battery go dead and me having to mess with the charging case on my way to work. Once you figure out what the best size of ear tips for you order a pack of replacements. Since the tips are foam you will go thru more of them than you would the silicone ones. But to me the silence is worth the extra cost.:D

13. Trust me dude, I get it. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to say “I don’t need this shit; YOU need it. I’m not putting this shit on eBay. Without this shit the rig can’t run; the price is irrelevant”.

I don’t know why I didn’t think about those before. I also hate the cord. My fav earbuds are from Shure (also have a foam earplugs), but they are corded. That’s why I swapped to the Jabra.

I’ll see how they work.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Apple ones in transparent mode pretty much kick ass, sound great and you can still hear people if you need to.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I use the in ears because they act like earplugs. I’m constantly making loud ass noise with work that pierced my ears. I realized yesterday even if I get bone conducting headphones I’d still be wearing earplugs for safety

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The sound quality is not as good as the Shures but they sound decent to me. But my ears have been beat up by over 50 years of shooting, riding without ear plugs, drawworks brakes squeaking and loud music so your milage may vary.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

what?

Gorilla George and crashman like this.