1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEAN DYLAN KELLY TO MOTO2 FOR 2022 AND 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by ajcjr, Sep 20, 2021.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

LOL you are fucking relentless :crackup:

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope I do Sheeplish so the rules are the rules. Kind of like the dog in my avatar Spitfire does as Spitfire does. So you are still the third state of logic.

3. sheepofblue

Oh and mine was opinion just like every other post in this thread so :beer: Bless your heart :Poke:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shouldn't there be a comma after 'so'?...

5. It’s all a matter of opinion, but I disagree.

SDK is younger, and may ultimately end up being better than Cameron when it’s all said and done. But Cameron is/was a better and more experienced rider entering Moto2 than SDK will be.

In SDKs first year, I’ll be very surprised if he finishes even just half the races inside the points.

younglion likes this.
  6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Of the three that will be in Moto2 next year I think Cam has the best aptitude for racing, Joe has the best team/experience/track knowledge, and SDK is a wildcard in that he could take to it immediately or he could pull a Sofuoglu in WSBK and despite 600 success totally flounder on a different platform.

I'm really surprised by Cam and Joe this year honestly - back in March I wrote on the Beeb that I thought Joe would finish 4-5th in the 'Ship and Cam would be 8-10th - or something very close to that.

Joe's nowhere close to the top 10 and Cam is 17th or worse last I checked and what's worse, it's getting worse for both of them as the season progresses - just like GG in WSBK - start awesome and show loads of potential and then all three regress massively as the rounds tick off.

7. Getting off topic, but Joe should have taken that Ape MotoGP ride when it was available.

Never turn down a promotion like that.

Anything can happen. Crashes, injuries, bad results, whatever. You never know if you’ll ever get another chance.

If he did take it and it didn’t work out, then go back to Moto2 like so many others when they didn’t pan out in MotoGP.

Moto2 isn’t going anywhere. That option would always be there. A MotoGP opportunity won’t.

8. sheepofblue

Maybe but 1/2 the races in the points for a rookie is not horrible is it? I have not seen all of this weekend's races or I would look but has Cam been in the points 1/2 the time at the finish? In no way do I dog Cameron as I think he has a LOT of potential and if he can sort out qualifying a bit next year will be interesting. But young also has advantages. Time will tell but I think the general negativity of those before the herd pounced is way too negative.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Does Roberts even have a ride for next year?

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Someone do the math for me: on average what percentage of Moto 2 riders actually score a point during the year?

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I mentioned it in another thread but, IMO, Beaubier's performance has fallen off pretty drastically since his crew chief change.

Before that he was working his way forward through the field each race and at one race was running as high as 6th before crashing. Now...not so much

12. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

SDK is gonna need some encouragement. The Moto 2 circus is tough.

But cream rises to the top :clap:

BigBird likes this.
  13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yep

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

42 different riders this year so far, 32 have scored points.

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Nearly all of the full time riders score at least one point. Looks like 1-4 full time riders don’t score each year.

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. Raul Fernandez says "hold my beer....".

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

ET and hop have a great SUPPORTIVE team. besides ET saying joe should have taken the APE because those offers don't come around often its been all positive. the bike however lacks.

A 2 year contract with a full support system of Hop, Cam B, and Michael Torres, will do the kid good on the confidence and ego of knowing he isnt getting bounced after 1 bad result.

And he already raced moto 2 (Valencia) , they did a nicky tribute and he ran the 69 plate iirc, he did 3 years of rbrc and participated in the ktm world cup or whatever on the 390's, and he speaks Spanish, so I am not too worried about him transitioning to a European paddock.

i think he also raced wera, I wonder if he is a lurker on here :D

BigBird likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

Totally! No matter what he does from here out this year was impressive. Of course Spies did pretty well out of the gate overseas also in WSB. I don't see SDK doing the same but it has happened. Unlike others I expect him to make a pretty good showing and increase as the year goes.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

20. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Do you realize he ridden a few years on stiffest chassis out there?