1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We now know that SDK is off to Europe, so that leaves at least 1 M4 600 seat open. I would hope that Lochoff stays put since he would be the heir apparent to the M4 top seat. I think Escalante will have to stay put in 600 since we haven't seen evidence or rumor of superbike funding.
    Will Jake Lewis get an M4 ride with Bobby looking for a new ride?
    Will Gagne get a new team mate? Elias?
    Scholtz stays put for another year?
    Does Loris Baz come back and maybe get a team mate?
    Does Barbera stay put at Schiebe and maybe get a decent bike instead of that decade old POS he has been having to ride?
    Will Kyle Wyman be on Yamaha, Kawasaki, Aprilia?
    Will Aussie Dave up his program and keep Uribe for a whole year with some winter testing? I think he is ready to show some improvement in his finishing position with a consistent ride in MA.
    Was the Mesa37 ride on the Aprilia 1100 a one off, or will we see him on a Robem engineering/Aprilia ride next season in 1000 Stk? I think that would be a brilliant move for Aprilia.
    Will Scott and Gloddy move up to 600 or Twins next year? I would like to see them in twins.

418 and ajcjr like this.
  2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

On the show yesterday it was mentioned that Scholtz is staying with Westby next year.

Senna and henry_carlson like this.
  3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'd like to see him and any former superbike rider back in superbike. The Stock1000 class is mostly privateers and fast club riders, and it doesnt seem right seeing some of these former superbike racers dominating in that class.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Will Attack run R7's?

Rumorrrr mill says so.

jpratt847 and koth442 like this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I’d be surprised if Kyle is on anything other than a Yamaha. I love him on a Ducati but I’d much rather him have a fighting chance.

I think the Baz experiment is done at HSBK. How can they keep him after such a disastrous year? And a 2nd bike? If that happens then Bologna or Eraldo must be giving Warhorse some serious backing, no?

DeKreyel to M4 SS??

Fong - another one with a season to forget. Feel bad for the guy but wouldn’t be surprised to see him and M4 part ways. Jake would make the most sense.

Hector has said a few times that he likes Scheibe and the BMW. I bet he stays.

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Jake Lewis at M4 instead of Fong is likely to happen. Not sure what happened to Fong this year because he was looking so promising before. Interesting to see how much of a difference connections and knowing the right people can make regarding SDK and Escalante. Richie dominated last year and got no better offers than to stay on the same bike again. Now SDK does the same thing and he's off to Moto 2!

My silly season guessing is that Attack will drop Herrin, but no idea who they'll replace him with. Loris Baz won't be back next year. Zannetti is laughing his ass off in Italy and probably sent HSBK a text saying "should've kept me on for that ride, I got more wins than Baz! lol" Scholtz staying at Westby. Barbera might be back at Scheibe, hopefully on a newer bike. Wyman will be on some other bike, but not Yamaha. Tyler Scott will be Lochoff's teammate at M4 (he did say he had a test with them today...haven't heard how that went, but I imagine if he showed good pace, they'll give him that ride for a year at least). Was it dry today at Barber or still rained??

I'm mostly curious about the Mesa/Aprilia thing. Didn't know anything about that until I saw APR next to his name on the results sheets in qualifying and live timing. Surely that means Robem will have an RSV4 next year in STK1000 which will be nice to see. Whether Mesa will be the rider, or they were just using him for testing, we will see. Hope he can race a full season though regardless of what he's on. Maybe DeKeyrel will be on the Robem RSV4? Curious where he will end up.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

My issue with Bobby Fong is he must be related to Donna Chang.

[​IMG]

8. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

What happened to the whole Mesa "someone touched my bike overnight" thing?

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That was his Kawasaki and nothing else happened because he's not in Jersey anymore

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I don’t think Baz will have a better offer then HSBK given the glut of young talent in Europe. If there is a second bike I would put Escalate on it because he’s super fast and to expand the market for the brand.

If I’m attack the only person I replaces Herrin with is Scholtz, but Herrin bring/brought a sponsor and is charismatic. I could see a seat swap here.

For M4, I expect Cam… and Dumas. Jake is to big, and Fong is an enigma. (No disrespect intended, he seems like a good, if complex, dude to me)

KWR, no idea. I would love to see him pool resources with someone to form a two bike effort. Imo, he’d really beenfit from a 2 bike effort.

Schiebe, should either go club racing or step up… maybe give FHO a call.

Lastly, awesome to see Robem stepping up their program and Mesa getting repaid for his (and fam’s) hard work.

11. sbk1198

Nothing, he just left NJ lol

noles19 likes this.
  12. sbk1198

I don't think it's a matter of Baz getting a better offer...I think it's more a matter of HSBK not making him an offer at all lol He definitely proved me wrong. I thought Baz was going to kick ass, and he didn't even win a race, not to mention he's giving the likes of Sam Lowes, Bautista, Crutchlow and Marquez a run for their money on number of crashes in a season. Dude has been very expensive for that team. Someone with his resume would've been expected to do much better than he did. At least top 3 in the championship. I think they can find a better rider personally...I'd put PJ on that bike.

Oh yeah forgot about Dumas! Would be great to see him back in MotoAmerica with M4.

13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I disagree, I think they did well for a new program.

I know everyone saw Ducatiiiiiii and MotoGP rider and expected them to stomp immediately, but the reality is new bike, new rider, no data to work from, you're basically scrambling each weekend to come up with a working setup in FP1/QP1 and trying to set hot laps in QP2. Even with one year of historical data, where they can just "load" their setups from last year and not be starting from ground zero will give them a huge leg up each weekend.

Attack has been developing that R1 for what, 6 years now? M4's been working that 'zuki for over a decade. Westby has been close with Stanboli for a while, though this is the first year it's been official.

14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Yep.. I agree. Much like our boys overseas, he’s learning the tracks and a new bike/team. Year one growing pains but I see him back next year.

What about PJ Jacobsen? Think he’s coming back anytime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in starting a funding drive for GM99?

jd41 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

SO here is what my internet ass has heard:

Baz trying to come back - thats from his own mouth on the pod. team wants him and he wants to return

M4 done but not done - apparently there was a rumor that they were finished but CU told G White that was BS and they are coming back. Side note on Fong- idk off track, but on track he crashed up some parts that arnt made anymore so he was having massive issues with the new parts

Aussie Dave- considering retirement and most likely transitioning to running his team

havent heard much else

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

he earned it and after the whole toni taking his seat shit I think the karma is on his side too

18. 418

418 Expert #59

I would expect Herrin to stay at Yamaha simply because he's bringing the $$$. And lets be honest he had a shit season even by his standard. If he can get that old Attack Yamaha vibe back I think he can at least make life for Gange a little bit more difficult.

I'm surprised to see how many people think Baz is not going to stay in US.

I wonder if Elias will come back considering his results as a fill in?

It would really hurt the paddock for M4 to leave. I think they are starting to find their stride.

19. sbk1198

Lol...ok...that's the beauty of everyone being able to have their own opinions. This is all subjective. But in my opinion, yes, a kickass bike with some level of factory support and a world class rider with tons of experience is expected to do much better. Zanetti won on that bike right away in his 2nd weekend, and he hadn't been to that track before either. Elias won right away when he came to the US and had to learn all the tracks too. Baz had great pace right away, so you can't blame it on new bike and lack of setup. Being a new track sure, but these pros learn a new track in like half an hour. They're amazing at that. He just kept crashing a lot throughout the season, and that's all on him. I got all excited when I first heard the announcement that HSBK will have Baz in MA this year, cuz I thought this would be the best chance to see a bike other than a Yamaha or Suzuki up front finally winning races!....but nope, he was a disappointment for the most part.

20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i dont see him wanting to stay much longer, now that his son was born. seems to be the pattern with other riders lately.