1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Barber Motorsports Park | SEP 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Jesus thats fucking FAST!!! Not that it matters to real professionals, but isnt that his first time there?

2. Robby-Bobby

30.9 whats the cutoff on that? Fuck man thats mid pack 600 times aint it?? Seems like a LOT of entries might not be racing due to %%%

418 likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Fuck, thats 8th in Stock1000......

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Did someone sneak in an SV1000 in the Twins class?

I still recall actually seeing a 600SS rider getting busted for riding one with a 750 motor in the class. That was hilarious. This was at Barber as well.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Still impressive but there were at least 7 Stock 1000 riders in the Superbike qualifier and they all went quicker than the Aprilia.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Pete Mitchell is at Barber?

pickled egg likes this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Very impressive times for those twins. And yes we have to remember in stock 1000 I think there 10 stk1k guys in the SBK practices that are faster than most all the stock 1000 field. So add 10 or so places to the majority

8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

1:40.05 is the cutoff on that. Looks like 30 riders were inside the cutoff and was that his 2nd session ever on the track?!

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Blackmon’s R7 was only a tenth and half back from that and the session was shortened, so with good conditions I would expect they will go faster.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If you can’t get into the 1:3x.xxx’s on a twin at Barber, you don’t deserve to be in a professional race IMO.

TLR67 likes this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Don't you know sub 1'40 makes you an expert track day rider? That's gotta count for something.

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yep 30.9

13. noles19

Not sure the weather is going to let them go faster.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

FB_IMG_1631964718398.jpg

Peter Hively and cBJr like this.
  15. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Is it raining?

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Barber is not really a track where a 1k can stretch its legs. So I’m not too surprised by those times.

17. noles19

Yes

18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Based on the times so far this morning, I'd guess it's not just raining, must be thunderstorms and/or pouring rain?

Big shakeup in BTR Q with Lukacs P4, but the top 3 times were only off a little, JRC Q2 times off a lot then red flagged and hasn't restarted. SSP should be out there now. Lightning anywhere nearby could keep the track cold. Forecast says heavy thunderstorms/flash flood warning this am, scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Very interesting day ahead!

Who's got boots on the ground? We need updates!

19. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Track is currently cold and we are in a weather hold.

20. noles19

No one has kayaks to race?