1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 13 | Aragon | Spain | Sept 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 7, 2021.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You make it sound like he complained about which bike he is getting. I'm the one saying he should get it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Dovi played his cards, and lost the hand against Ducati. He's lucky he still had enough chips to stay at the table with a talented group of young kids lined up to get a seat. He's even luckier that the shitshow that is MV played out like it did. He can wait his turn to throw a leg over the "good bike" and have some respect for his elders to finish out their career. IMO of course.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You make it sound like I made a mistake.., if that the case , do I apologize here ? .., I’m Sorry :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The bike he is on is irrelevant as far as his finishes relative to his "elder" will be. But he might do even better with the other bike.

5. Dan Dubeau

Maybe so, but i don't like Dovi coming in and stripping a bike out from under one of (arguably) the most influential and best riders of all time on a farewell tour, just because he might get better results on it, for the few remaining round which mean absolutely nothing. Dovi can do what he needs to do on the parts bin special, and old yeller, can finish out the year on his current steed.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good Lawd, DOVI HASN'T TAKEN ROSSI'S BIKE. I'M THE ONE SAYING THEY SHOULD GIVE IT TO HIM. :crackup:

Where were you guys when Savadori lost his ride?

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

I know he hasn't. I'm saying you're on glue if you think they should give it to him. :D. Why the fuck would they give him that bike when there's nothing to gain from it, except slapping the face of Rossi?

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Constructor's championship points...
    God knows the French aren't always reliable.... ;)

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's why Rossi should offer. It's seamless if it comes from him. And it gives him an excuse for his results. Everyone is happy. :Poke:

As for what there is to gain from it, it could be the difference between 8th place and 14th place.

10. Dan Dubeau

Meh, I don't see Rossi saying here take my ride for any reason. I don't even see Dovi cracking the top 10 no matter what bike he's on (maybe his old Ducati) after a year off, and with the current field out there. Geez, the old man isn't even dead yet, and you're trying to give away his Rascal.

BigBird likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

At this point, that's debatable.

crazymofo, Slider82 and YamahaRick like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Kill the pipe dream; Dovi CAN'T take Rossi's bikes because of engine rules.

14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Absolutely he can, he’s not limited to any particular bike, Rossi on the other hand would have an issue riding a different Yamaha due to engine rules.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Let me rephrase it then, for Dovi to run Vale's bikes, Vale must not race.

That isn't happening, unless an incident happens and consequently Motion loses the use of his prostate....

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Ruthless... :beer:

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I don't think Fabio is winning this weekend.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

TX Joose likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I love the fact that there are people thinking that they are being logical when they say Dovi is "lucky" to still get a ride in MotoGP. Ya, I can't believe that anyone would give a ride to the guy who ended up 2nd several years and one of the few people who was able to occasionally beat a healthy Marc Marquez. What were they thinking...:rolleyes:

KneeDragger_c69 and YamahaRick like this.
  20. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

When they showed the standings early in the race and that no-name Dixon guy who never even got a podium in Moto2 was on the same bike yet in front of last-place Rossi I was doing that Ted Cassidy "Lurch" head shake thing from The Addams Family. "Damn this is humiliating."

I did some races when I was already past the Use-By date, not good memories. First place in the points standings and still I was like "why am I even out here when mentally, I've moved on?" Crazy days.

21. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It's a hard thing to give up. Racing requires such a high level of commitment that it's almost impossible to just quit cold turkey. I haven't even thrown a leg over a bike in seven years, but as long as I keep my little RD, I can tell myself I'm getting back out there someday.

YamahaRick, BigBird and motoracer1100 like this.