1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 16, 2021.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

2. grasshopper

I Meant to title the thread as "Daytona 200 2022". I asked @HPPT to change the thread title.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If there is money to be made, they might get the turnout. Just for dragging rights and free wings at hooters, why would someone like Attack waste the huge amounts of cash to go there?

The Rolex is pretty kick ass though. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't see it being any different without it paying points to any championship. JU likes running it so he's been doing it, the rest of the riders/teams who want to have done so.

5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

No more CCS running the event ?? :eek:

6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

7. grasshopper

I wonder what transpired between CCS/ ASRA, DMG and Moto America. Did Moto Am bring the baggers class to the table in anticipation of getting more asses in seats during bike week?

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My guess without any info at all is the track wants MA back and this is a way to work towards that.

TurboBlew, sbk1198 and noles19 like this.
  9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Tell me more about the rule on R6 air filters ..

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

ekraft84 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And no water wetter.

12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Don't know but it seems they'll be way less people if no club racing on Sunday ! :confused:

I do get it, that on that week it'll be bike week and a $hit load of Harley peeps will be there... but not convinced that too many will go and watch the baggers !!?!!??:whoosh:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

if it was just baggers the track could have done that themselves, not hard to create another class

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

It's a start to returning it to it's former glory. In general, as a spectator only (not a participant), I look upon it as a good thing.

sbk1198 likes this.
  15. grasshopper

Is there even a slim chance in hell that Moto America would run a full class structure at the speedway including superbikes?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Slim one, the Superbikes should be fine on the short course.

17. grasshopper

It would be pretty sweet watching the Jr. Cup kids draft around the speedway for sure. A pack of 10-15 of them all together swapping back and forth would be entertaining

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, with MA running it is the 200 just a large club race? :D

969, badmoon692008, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think it's elevated to a large exhibition race now

20. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It will be interesting to see what bikes show up as well! Opening up the rules to align with the new World Supersport regulations.