1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met a 'Racer' yesterday.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Sep 9, 2021.

1. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

In a slight twist of the subject, at our events (STT) I’ve been asked, “Do you follow WERA?”

I’m like, huh? Follow? Like do I stalk Sean and Eve? Sorta I guess…. we did have to meet at the courthouse a few times in our defense of being sued by a crazy old man with the emotional capacity of an infant…. or is he asking if I follow WERA from track to track…. like some stalker?? WTF is this guy getting at, why is he asking me this?

I am obviously standing there with a confused look on my face…. trying to unsuccessfully process this question being put before me…. so dude helps me out…..

“If you followed WERA, you’d know who I am”.

Oh…. I get it now. Well anyway, here’s your bump to advanced group…. have a nice day.

mpusch, RRP, Gino230 and 3 others like this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

So what’s his username

SpeedyE and motoracer1100 like this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Hurricane John.

Gino230, SpeedyE and pickled egg like this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

He ran some 03's and got fastest lap of the race,but didn't pass Lee.

Buell1965 likes this.
  5. Robin172

Was that in the race where the bloke took a header over the tyre wall at the Farmhouse turn after trying to outbrake Acree?

Buell1965 likes this.
  6. ToofPic

It wasn't Burns,but he only raced Saturday.What day did the guy hit the tires?

7. Robin172

Sunday, it was Christopher Akaydin.

8. ToofPic

Was he ok?

9. Robin172

Yes, he got straight up and started throwing the tyres that followed him over the wall back over it in front of his bike.

10. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’m a track day guy but I’ll be honest, if a coworker, non-motorcycle friend, family member etc asks if I’m going racing this weekend, I usually just say yes. I just don’t have the patience to explain to them what a track day is.

Gino230 and tl1098 like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a little different, though. That's for convenience, not for bragging.

Gorilla George and MotoGP69 like this.
  12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

God, I hope that wasn't me...I have a severe lack of interpersonal skills and say the most awkward shit.

mattys281 and mastermind like this.
  13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I call trackdays "practice days" to non-racing friends. It prevents a lot of irrelevant questions like about results.

14. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Same here. I just say "I'm taking my bike to the race track." If someone is really interested I'll explain that it's just a track day.

tl1098 likes this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am glad that I did not try using my WERA cred when I bugged you for a bump.:crackup:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You had cred? What happened to it?

2blueYam and SpeedyE like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They wouldn’t let it over the border

18. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

1:03 is very fast and boggles the mind fer sure

19. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Haha - wasn’t you.

20. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

SpeedyE cost me a lot of money! I met him riding backroads at too fast speeds... I didn't even know racing for chumps like me existed... he told me about it and I did one trackday learning school and was racing the next time I hit the track!

If it wasn't for Speedy I would prolly have never known that an everyday person could even do that. For that I will always appreciate SpeedyE.

mattys281, HPPT, cBJr and 6 others like this.