1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That seems to be the consensus. I'll be going over Tuesday (didn't have my helmet today) for some test rides. I didn't know they did that until I was in there today.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

We ride some fridays and some sundays. I’ll try to give you a heads up when we are going in a few weeks or so. Maybe foo can meet us there. It’s mostly single track with lots of hard enduro sections. Next weekend they are actually having the saddle back extreme enduro. We volunteered last year and did the starting grid then hiked around and watched some. It’s was crazy as f@ck in some sections!

https://seer-racing.com/saddleback-xtreme-2/?amp

cBJr likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the 300 2T is the shitz. Even all the way back to 2006 w/o the electric start. Maintenance is easier as well. XC-W will have slightly better resale due to street legalness.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We rode all but the last 1/2 mile or so of that hard enduro loop. Holy shit...

5. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Always wanted to ride the 300 ktm 2 smoke... ive ridden the 200exc 2 and i currently have the 125sx(i like jumps now) I've ridden the 400xcw and 400 exc... plenty of torque but i'd rather a lighter bike... 300 aint than much heavier than a 250 2

when the wr426f came out when i was a kid i always wanted one.

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I have a '20 TX300i which is essentially the same as the 300xc. I've ridden it back to back with the new 350 and I just don't get why anyone would buy one for singletrack type racing. Maybe more open/desert its better? It doesn't have the snap to quickly loft the front over logs and rocks and feels 20lbs heavier. I'd really recommend doing the xc/tx verstion over the 'w' models as the suspension is a huge step up and to me a linkage bike just soaks up the bumps far better. Also the transmission ratios are closer so you aren't bogging as you go up the gears. I don't know that it gets better than these 20+ tpi 300's, they are beasts in the woods and my results have been steadily improving since I got it.

jksoft likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

doing some Reno riding
    [​IMG]
    Peavine
    [​IMG]
    Moon rocks

8. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

Anyone using a TRS system for their dirt bikes? I'm thinking about ordering the pins for a TTR230 and a YZ125. I haven't been able to find much info on people using them for dirt bikes.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I use them for all my dirty toys, 92 YZ250, 2016 KTM 250XC, 2016 KTM 500XC W and a 2019 KTM 150SX. Works just as mint as they do for boring street bikes. The closest I can come to a 'complaint' with them is I wish the bungie cords were slightly longer with matching wider spaced storage tabs, and on the bikes where they capture the axle nut externally I have to undo my safety wire to put the TRS on. Wah.

DmanSlam and yuengling910 like this.
  10. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the input.

11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

we use them for the wr450's, fx250f, xcf250, ktms and yamahas. also use them for the grom, and all our sport bikes. best transport system for bikes in my opinion. never even think about them in the trs. when using chocks, and straps, I constantly check them, and worry about them. Ski

DmanSlam likes this.
  12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

+1. TRS is the way to go. Risk Racing has a system as well but I believe that is for dirt bike use only.

13. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

I have a '20 300 XC-W TPI. The XC is so much nicer, regrets :(. I'd rather have the linkage and some real forks. I have Dal Soggios in right now, and they are better. Engine is fantastic though, plenty of power for tight stuff and enduro. I'll take my WR250F for singletrack/GNCC though.

14. TurboBlew

generally speaking if youre taking a trailer then yes of course.
    For quick trips in the truck to get an hour or 2 its just easier to strap it in with the soft tie ratchet straps.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I use my TRS with the WR in the toy hauler. So much nicer than messing with straps.

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I test rode both the 350 xcf-w and the 300 xc tpi. The 300 had an idle issue so you had to stay on the gas to keep it from stalling which made it not a great test. It pulled hard and wheelied with ease, but I didn't feel comfortable. It was a bit lighter than the 350. The 350 was so smooth as you'd expect from 4 stroke, but it just didn't excite me.

I bought a bike and it wasn't either of those. I ended up with a nearly brand new Beta 200RR. The Betas really intrigued me and after riding it I knew it was going to give me what I was looking for: a nimble, lightweight bike that I could throw around. I debated between the 200 and 300 but decided for the types of HS trails we have around here, the 200 would be just fine. I still have the WR which will still get some love. The Beta has already been resprung for my weight and a few other mods such as a nice GUTS seat, bark busters and the Tubliss system so it is ready to go. I'm really looking forward to trying it out at the next HS.
    240838022_2042508335896736_1111193903541612541_n.jpg

17. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

still riding my 2003 wr 250 rock solid bike , change oil and filter . valves never need much adjustment. just check to be sure. change tires as needed change suspension fluid .

jksoft likes this.
  18. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

That is a really nice Beta. I haven't ridden one yet. I should get to that before next year though...

Yeah, so my TPI 300 had the same idling issue. Was the crankcase pressure sensor. It was slightly surging which made it more abrupt than it was intended to be. So fixing it made the bike even "lazier".

19. TurboBlew

A friend of mine has the 300RR... it is really nice. Congrats
    Did you add any height to the GUTs seat? Want to do one on my 2019 250x.

20. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It actually came with the GUTS seat but it does add 1" of seat height. I have original seat as well. I'm told the original seat is unbearable.
    I'm 6'2" as was the seller.

TurboBlew likes this.