1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 8 I Motul French Round I Sep 3-5 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

In even more other news, Tito and his team are parting ways.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He has really stunk it up this year. :( I was expecting an occasional podium and top 6 or 7s.

Where is he going now, moto2?

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tito is cooked. I literally can't remember a good ride from him since that awful accident in MotoGP.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Wonder if Baz picked up the phone and enquired about Tito's seat for next year? His time in the US hasn't exactly been fruitful other than a paycheque.

Quicktoy, henry_carlson and 418 like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He cost himself a lot of leverage this year. Well, with a lot of help from Gagne. :D Yamaha Europe was looking at him. That ship has most likely sailed.

younglion, Quicktoy and 418 like this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You don’t think they already do, and have been for a long time?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Denning is funny, the sporting atmosphere has always including bitching to officials. Pretending otherwise makes me laugh.

BigBird and noles19 like this.
  8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Actually, he did gain an advantage, because he would have had to go slower in order to stay on the track.

BigBird likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Seriously, I think most people bitching about the protest either haven't raced a bunch or even been around other forms of racing in the pits.
    This shit is normal from the local dirt track to kids karting to F1. Hell especially F1..

MyWayGuy, BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  10. younglion

I think most people's argument was that it's inconsequential as Rea passed him immediately after the infraction occurred so the outcome wasn't affected whatsoever.

I agree a rule was broken and deserves a penalty, but I also think it was petty to protest it and in a perfect world wouldn't have happened.

BHP41 likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Ah, but if he had stayed on track, would he have lost even more time.
    Enough time that maybe he would not have been able to make the pass back on Rea? Who is to say?

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Me, but I am not telling

13. younglion

It just means he would have had to check up a little bit less than he already had to when Rea passed him up the inside so I'll stick with my original take on it.

This isn't like time travel where even a tiny change can have a massive impact on future events ya know. :p

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I dunno.... If I am in a World Championship, and a guy beats me by violating the rules, then I damn sure am going to call it out. Simple as that.
    He's not there to make friends, hes there to win a World Championship.

TX Joose, MyWayGuy, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Only not needed when we arrive by amphibious vehicle.

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It’s wild to me that there are people that think they wouldn’t have used the same rule.

Hell, even if I was the rider I would know it was my obligation to tell the team about it. Let the manager make the call. It’s their job and the title is bigger than just the rider’s ego and sense of ethics.

SuddenBraking and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Once again, the stupid has come to the top. As far as the penalty for Toprak being outside of track limits is clearly justified. Like it or not it is the rule, he knows the rules and to claim there was no advantage gained is stupid. If he needed to exceed track limits then he was carrying too much speed through that corner. In racing, carrying more corner speed is an advantage! If you don't know that and you have raced before, then you are an idiot. If you haven't raced, then keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. As fare as Rea letting his team know that he saw a violation of the rules, that is his job, what he is paid to do. It is not about whining, it is about winning.

You know who I feel sorry for? It is GG and Cam B. Having to suffer through a bunch of know nothing has beens or wannabe racers that think they know what is going on in their heads, who has conspired against them or what decisions they should be making. To be perfectly honest, most of the bs that has been spouted on here that is being pushed as fact rather than uninformed opinion is more than slightly embarrassing.
    I guess I will paraphrase Mark Twain again with it is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

18. Quicktoy

You came here for facts? Hahahahahahahahaha

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

20. Quicktoy

Hahahahahahahahaha. The rat was busted. I love how WorldSBK is trying to create drama for their brand.

BigBird likes this.