1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid 80’s Yamaha Radian

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 21, 2021.

1. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

And a custom version in Loves Park, IL...

Attached Files:

2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Spang308 likes this.
  3. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

fox jacket, simpson helmet. fancy! What's those gloves?

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I worked at Anderson's as a service advisor one summer in the early 90's. Also the place where one of my older brothers surprised me by buying me a brand new 1980 YZ125 when I was in high school.

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Almost bought a Radian, ended up with a Virago 920 instead. The digital dash sealed the deal :)

6. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Oh I had the full Fox line... jacket, gloves, and boots. And the Simpson helmet.
    I was pimping my 2 wheeled whip back in the day!!!

7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

After a left turn tars ruined my FZ600... my local shop was able to get me a 88 FZR750RU as the replacement!

8. joec

joec brace yourself

I always wanted a secaII !

baconologist likes this.
  9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Raced a Radian when I was a po college student. That was a dumb idea. The front end chattered so bad in one corner a guy told me he could see it from the side of the track. :D

10. joec

joec brace yourself

I remember watching Mark Mitchell on his BMW in t3 at summit from the fence line lap after lap with the front tire bouncing up and down. Clearly daylight under the tire. Crazy.. Jake shoemaker passed me on my ttr supermoto mid corner on the pavement..after the race he comes over and says "chatter much?" He looked over and watched it as he was passing me..

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, those gloves were bad. If you sneezed on them hard enough, the seams blew out. If you someone managed to fall while wearing them, they didn't come apart and you slid on the metal studs, you got friction burns. :crackup: Jacket was okay enough.

Could never afford the Simpson helmet but I did really want one.
    I had a few Navas, a Bieffe or three until I found Shoei (which never fit right. Oh to be young and stupid and again. :D

12. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Not to mention getting red hands from "Trackpaws" if you even sweat just a bit in them. I fell down at about 25 in them and the rivet patch tore right off. I bought some lingerie weight Spidi's after that, but thankfully didn't crash again until I had real gloves..haha

oh the old Nava helmets with recessed shields and giant airwulf face opening..haha good stuff.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I only recently found out, but Mike passed a few years ago due to a heart attack. Last time I saw him, he had an old Lotus racecar that he was looking to restore.

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Interesting! I lived right in front of the Detroit Polo Club in Milford when I was in high school. I just had to cross the road to ride my dirt bike all day long. Good times.

15. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I still the Simpson helmet... saved my arse from certain brain damage/death on a bad street crash... kept it as my reminder to always wear quality gear!

16. Bought my 2000 GSXR 750 from there, had the first blue / white one to arrive there.

17. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

I've got one sitting in my garage doing nothing. It's the old lady's bike and she never rides it. I can ask if she wants to let it go. It's blue btw

18. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I still have one . Pretty nice shape too.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

so you've always had poor taste?

I also lusted after the Radian, great look but not pretty enough to buy now just to look at... and better bikes to just ride in that price range.

rd400racer likes this.