1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quickshifter question (switching from pull to push)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by LongDogRacing, Aug 20, 2021.

?

Do I need to go into the PCV software in order to swap "pull" to "push" quickshifter module?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. LongDogRacing

LongDogRacing Well-Known Member

Friends,

2007 CBR600RR currently set up regular shift pattern with vortex rearsets and dynojet quickshifter.

I want to switch to the push type so I can change to GP shift.

Just need to know if it's a simple swap out the modules, or if I have to go into the software and tell it that I'm changing the modules, too.

Thank you!

--Justin

2. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

I don't believe you need to change anything within the software. BTW if you have the correct type of QS module (push/pull), you might be able to make the swap without buying any new hardware at all and just swapping which connector is plugged in. See pg 2 of this: https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/pdf/instructions/27/dk276010.pdf

3. LongDogRacing

LongDogRacing Well-Known Member

Thanks! However, I'm pretty sure that I have the dynojet model of QS sensor that are explicitly only push or pull.

4. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

The QS controller neither knows nor cares how you have it set up, standard or GP; all it does is kill the ignition for a brief moment when signalled. It's up to you to make sure you have the parts arranged to signal the controller while upshifting.

Push / pull sensors with blipping and QS function involve more thought and set-up, obviously.

5. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

More information is needed. Is it a PC3 or PC5? Trace the wires from the QS sensor to the PC. Is there 2 sets of connectors somewhere in the middle on it? Post a picture of the QS sensor.