All-Time Best Motorcycle Race

Discussion in 'General' started by MyWayGuy, Aug 19, 2021.

1. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

R1M370 likes this.
  2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

1981 brit 500 gp

3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I always thought the dude had football shoulder pads on under the yellow jersey lol

4. sdg

sdg *

Haga passing Edwards on the front wheel. That one.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

1975 Indy Mile.

upload_2021-8-19_23-43-48.png

34 years later ... you know, when Broome thinks motorcycle racing began ...

The Todd, Sabre699 and motoracer1100 like this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Twins Cup Pittsburgh 2019. Parrish, Draik, Turner banged into each other at least 10x.

TurboBlew, t11ravis and rice r0cket like this.
  7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Well done. That's 3 of my top 5 right there.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

What was the hashtag? Parkitandpullit?

Gino230 likes this.
  9. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

No one has mentioned Laguna GP 2008. Rossi vs. Stoner every corner until one of them flinches. They were both so far ahead of everyone else that Stoner crashed, picked his bike up, and still finished with a huge gap to 3rd.

Hart to beat Valencia GP 2006 for the number of storylines. Bayliss wins a vengeful one-off after leading every lap, Rossi crashes and throws away the championship, and Hayden takes it in style.

TurboBlew, The Todd and stk0308 like this.
  10. BSB Tommy Hill/ Hopkins. All on the line, championship on the line. Maybe not the best actual race but the build up to it and the race as it was was epic.

renegade17 and stk0308 like this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"Blokes racing."

12. Kiyo in the rain was awesome.

13. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

sdg, Yzasserina and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

#2- Around the same year Anthony Gobert was on a (V&H?) Ducati Superbike in the states. This was his out of control and very rotund part of his career. At Road Atlanta he qualified on pole then at the start of the race dropped to last place and just rode around until about 5 laps to go. He then charged though the entire pack (with a 3' white silk scarf flying in the wind) to take the win. He said in the post race interview that he just wanted to see how far bank he could drop and still win.

sdg likes this.
  15. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

As stated Imola prob my top.
    Second would be Jensen, Batey at Summit point breaking lap records with a light drizzle sliding both wheels through 4. Those dudes were on rails and the whole race was back and forth.

16. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Maybe not the “all time” best, but the 2012 Pascarella and 2021 Paasch wins at the Daytona 200 were very, very good races.

The Anthony Gobert 2001 rain win at Road America is also a really good race to watch.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I rewatched last night; while an entertaining race, the anti climactic nature of the last few laps drops it down significantly for me.

IMO, a “great” race needs to have a “great” final.

jlawrider likes this.
  18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Me... Roebling Road 1999.
    Honda RS 250, holeshot,but race was red flagged when Rocky Stargel crashed going into 1.
    We restart and I holeshot again and lead flag to flag for my first white plate win.
    Then go to ER since Rocky owned the bike I was racing and I felt horrible he crashed.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The recent race between SDK and Ritchie where they had ~40 overtakes was pretty damned entertaining to watch.

20. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

No love for the ‘89 Suzuka 500GP? That battle between Schwantz & Rainey was EPIC!! :bow::flag::clap:

stk0308 likes this.