1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 2-Stroke Project

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by BlueR32, Aug 19, 2021.

1. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I hesitated over posting this for a long time but nothing interesting has shown up locally recently so decided to try here! I've owned/worked on/resurrected many 2T bikes from early 1970s on (Yamaha RDs, Suzuki GTs, Kawasaki triples). Also interested in later models like Aprilia RS, Suzuki RGV etc. Needs to be reasonable trailering distance from Raleigh NC. PM me if you have something laying around that you want to move.

2. wolfeman28

wolfeman28 2 Stroke Fever

Looking for a track project or street? I've got so much laying around that I've been contemplating letting things go. Since moving to NC two years ago I just haven't had the time to get projects done with my work schedule.

I have a few RS frames, a RZ frame, an RS motor that needs seals/gaskets and a bore/piston job, a bunch of RZ motors in various states of disassembly, and enough various parts to complete 3 or 4 rollers with those frames and motors. If a full on project from ground up is what you want, I've got enough to pick through to keep you busy.

Like I said, I'm still on the fence about it all and I really need to get my track bike done before I let anything go in case I need the parts, but if you'd like to talk PM me.

I'm about 55min away in Fayetteville.

mattys281 and ToofPic like this.
  3. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

I'd be interested. Honda or Aprilia? Definitely interested in rz stuff

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

PM sent.

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

6. Mjmadd

Mjmadd Well-Known Member

I will be posting a 92 nsr250se in a few days . Currently track set up/ have most original parts and fairing.

7. Ricky T

Ricky T Well-Known Member

I have a Metrakit gp50 on 12s that needs a lot of love.

8. BlueR32

Thanks all for the responses. Since original posting I picked up a 1987 Yamaha SRX250 roller. The 4-stroke motor is a basket case so I am looking now for a 2-stroke motor to replace it. Interested in big singles, 250-400 twins etc.

9. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Early open class 2 stroke motocross engine would be cool. V6 LW is pre 90 and allows hybrids. Although that class allows some faster stuff. If they show up is another question.

10. BlueR32

Sending my brother to Barber Vintage Festival in search of suitable motors

11. BlueR32

The Brother picked up a RD250 complete motor at Barber. Off to the races! Thanks for all the input on this. Will keep you posted how it turns out but don't hold your breath waiting:)

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

BlueR32 likes this.
  13. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Good project, if you need a engine builder or advice on the RD.
    I can recommend either of these guys. Honest and Know their RDs and port work.

West Coast:
    Ed Earlenbach Racing

Scott Clough @SCR

Harry Klemm at Klemm Vintage.

East Coast, no experience but have heard good things about Lynn Garland and
    Chuck Quenzler at Team Scream

All these are fully RD /RZ capable guys

BlueR32 likes this.
  14. BlueR32

Thanks Rz! Chuck Quenzler did some work for me a few years ago on a RD400 motor. Rebuilt crank & rebored cylinders. High quality work.

15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

NSR250 MC21 Honda Rothsman clone, R model, nice chassis/restored, need motor work/topend. $6500

16. magrahamkp08

magrahamkp08 Member

Hey Wolfeman28 I sent you a pm about some of your bikes