1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000+ full dress tourers

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

How do the Kawa and Yamaha stack up against the Goldwings? How do the metrics compare to HD? 2001-2003 Goldwing frame cracking anything to be worried about?

My budget is around $5-7k.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rest don't compare to a wing and the hd's are great but different :D

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Goldwings are Goldwings. If that's what you're looking for, then I don't think anything else really compares. And I love me a Kawi.

4. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Goldwings are like refrigerators. Dead nuts reliable, but no soul.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. I got rid of mine because I'd have had more fun running around in a convertible car with no need for gear and a helmet. The Harley handled meh, braking was meh, power was meh but I had to actually ride it which made it waaaaayyyyyyyyy more enjoyable.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I like the looks of the yammie the best actually.

7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I picked up a late 80's Kawasaki Voyager XII with around 35k miles late last summer... so far it has been super reliable and very comfortable on my trips.

Attached Files:

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I owned a 2002 Goldwing. I sold it to fund my track addiction in 2009.
    You will never ride a more reliable, comfy and boring bike.
    You can ride it for 12+ hours a day over and over with no issues. It will behave as expected in every instance. Its a no-drama bike. It will run with minimal attention to care and maintenance.

If you get one upgrade the suspension, especially the front forks. The stock ones are inadequate, and Ohlins makes upgrades for them.

Ducti89 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The 02 Road King Classic I bought back in February for $5K was great until it started puking oil out of the air filter a couple weeks ago.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That’s what you get for sealing all the engine oil leaks. :Poke: