1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone @ Laguna Seca - AHRMA ?

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Jul 17, 2021.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Had a great time overall. After a 10 year layoff it was a good environment to blow off the cobwebs. Went 4 for 4 on the weekend which was fun, but the competition is lighter than WERA and the other more competitive clubs.

Laguna was a bucket list item for me as well, but life has been pretty chaotic so I didn't make the call until the last second. I was glad I did. Results aside, the real reward was the opportunity to hang out with great friends at the track again. Met some new ones as well, notably @KMC who spent some time helping me get familiar with the 1299's electronics. Turns out I rode it all weekend with a dumb setup, but at least I know where to start next time.

AHRMA puts on a pretty good show. It's a laid back atmosphere that's more trackday than race in my opinion. Unfortunately some people didn't get the memo and it was a crash fest. I can't even count the number of riders who went down, but there were three red flags in my four races alone. Plenty of ambition outweighing talent as it's been said. I kept thinking about how frustrated the other classes had to be with waiting for race 6 to be restarted twice after lengthy delays for cleanup, knowing it would cost them laps.

Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Every few laps with a good run out of 11 I would get a pretty significant wheelie over the hill. It’s glorious. Huge grin in the helmet and a bit of pucker in the leathers. :D

3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Ran into issues last year with delays when I raced the AHRMA round at Laguna. We had the last race of the day on Saturday scheduled but they canceled it due to time restrictions. Sucks traveling all the way from Chicago to Laguna to have your race canceled. I was pretty pissed.

4. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

We’re those issues AHRMA or Laguna related? I’ve raced with them and they always seemed to get through the races without unnecessary delays. I hear ya though. I would be upset too. Hopefully you had other races so it wasn’t a total bust.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

When is the last time you raced with them?

6. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Last year at Roebling.