1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who can build a website, and wants to build a website? $$$

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Long story short, my biggest event of the year is in December and as much as I love my facebook page for it, I need to have a website built.

Nothing crazy, or fancy, but I need the normal drop downs, some pics added, rules tabs, etc.

Yes, I have been told "you can build it yourself" but being honest, I don't have the time or desire.

I need someone I can call/email/text and be like "i need this added, and it gets done within a day or so.

What am I looking at? Im not talking about daily updates, but probably 1 update per week ish?

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

How many pages you need, and what (if any) special features? If "not many" and "not much", any old site like fiverr or upwork will get you copious amounts of people wanting to bid on it.

What you're describing sounds like a typical squarespace/shopify site so should be quite cheap - depending on features and shit, a few hundred bucks.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I dunno. The only references I have are AmericanFlatTrack and MotoAmerica but woithout videos and stuff. But definitely the drop down pages/links.

4. galratner

galratner Well-Known Member

Sounds like you just need a basic WordPress website. You can just get it at WordPress.com I think they charge $60 a year. You can update it yourself. If you need someone to update the content for you it gets expensive real quick. I have a team that does it for some fortune 500 companies. They don't bat an eye at spending six figures a year. The do it yourself with a ready CMS is what I would do.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

For a basic Wordpress site like you are describing we just paid about $450 to have someone build it then train our staff how to update it.

I built the original site and it worked just fine but it lacked some flare but so we paid someone to redo it. I honestly think that is a great price for the service provided.

I will see if she is still taking clients.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's amazing. I couldn't get someone to cut my lawn for $450.

Killswitch and noles19 like this.
  7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Fuck dude, where you at? I’ll come cut that bitch for $449. You got a rider, right?

motion likes this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

danm right. 500 2 stroke 4cyl!

rob...i did my own. took some figuring out and time but i think its ok. i dont own the content but i have all the image files. so i dont care. its squarespace. the only thing i dont like is that some things i cant do with mobile. like change the damned favicon! which drives me up the walls a bit. i can update the blog with my phone though. ill send you a link so the heathens here dont shread my little project to pieces. lol.

motion likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You must be new here? Post that site up. I’m here strictly for entertainment purposes only. :Poke:

joec and Phl218 like this.
  10. galratner

Then check out this site we made for a customer: https://getxpersonal.com/

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Cutting the grass around a field full of Royal Enfields ain’t easy ... :D

joec and motion like this.
  12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

That shit escalated quickly for Ross Ulbricht,,,,I wouldn't have my name anywhere near that shit, jus sayin,, (sentenced to a double life sentence plus forty years without the possibility of parole. Ulbricht's appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in 2017 and the U.S Supreme Court in 2018 were unsuccessful. He is currently incarcerated at the United States Penitentiary in Tucson.)

13. galratner

He did some shady things. This is just a dating site.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Could you help out the clueless that have no idea what you’re referring to?

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It looks like she is not taking new clients at this time.