1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 | MotoAmerica | General Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by MyWayGuy, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Have no idea who he is but saw this on WERA race results.

Mini 80 class

1) #69 Hayden Miller BUC 150 Phoenix, AZ Law Tigera Arizona,
    DNS) #521 Parker Miller BUC 150 Phoenix, AZ Law Tigers Arizona,

Mini 50 class
    1) #31 Maddox Miller BUC Phoenix, AZ Law Tigers Arizona,

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Actually ESPN makes money broadcasting High School games.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

High school aged kids can, and do run MotoAmerica Jr Cup, Twins, and SuperSport. In other words, you played yourself.

4. FastByKids

High School aged kids can also run the mini cup? I fail to see your point?

5. Robby-Bobby

That they already have an avenue to be seen/promoted by running the major classes. Kinda like, a JV player being upset because they only show the varsity game. If you are good enough to play Varsity, stop fucking around in JV if you wanna be seen/promoted. I am not sure how much more I can do to make the point.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So you believe the sport will fizzle if MA doesn't do what you want them to do? I am sure they will keep that in mind as part of their decision making process. I have been racing with WERA and other organizations for over 40 years, Sparky and you are not the first person to come along telling the organizations what they have to do in order to survive.

Paddocks look sparse? How about compared to the DMG days when pro racing sucked? MA has done an outstanding job in growing professional racing.

The BB is not intolerant of opinions! I am intolerant of stupid.

Hanging by a thread? OOOOOh always a good tactic when presenting an untenable argument is to predict Doom and Gloom based on no facts. Invoking an emotional fear into a logic based discussion is always a refuge if you don't think you can win based on facts.

Divorce is in the other thread, but many divorces are caused by disparate spending practices of the spouses.

Hope is not a good strategy. Enthusiasm does not get the job done, hard work does. Baseless enthusiasm is like having a puppy running around, nipping at your heels and chewing up your shoes. It is cute for a while and then it poops on the carpet.

Have a nice day.

7. FastByKids

I still fail to see your point. :Poke:

Minicup IS the national series. It's part of the MA show.
    Again, would be a huge value add if it was included in the MotoA Live package.

I know we are beating a dead horse, but I have a feeling if value is not added for the participants to compete, that part of the show may soon be gone.

8. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

How about this point... When watching MA live, if the mini race came on, I would use that time to go grab another beer, take a shit, and then re-ask my wife what she was talking about during the big bike races.

I plan to have my daughter race one day but wouldn't expect people to want to watch my child because I think she races great. Where I think the appeal goes away is the fact that people watching kids know that their parents did this for them and most of the kids are going to live other lives outside of racing.

With the big bike stuff, that shows racers who are making careers and risking so much for what they love. With kids, its just a fun wknd with their parents. Like everyone else, we love kids sports but not something I believe is worth spending big money to show races when most kids will be irrelevant in just a few years.

FastByKids likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Can you define "Huge Value" please. I want YOUR definition and wording please. I think I am following you now. I just need to know what you consider a HUGE VALUE.

10. FastByKids

As in Lil Ripper goes and shows all his/her racer buddies from their local track their race.

The rippers coach uses footage to coach.

Then goes to school and shows all friends and teachers.

Them mom and dad shows all friends and family.

I’m not sure but I think people make livings off of having followers and hits?

So yes, huge!

I’m just brainstorming here. Don’t want to insult anyone with being stupid…

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Sunshine? Was that his name the guy who got made fun of on track?

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Umkay...:crackup:

FastByKids likes this.
  13. FastByKids

Yea not so much.

But I did have the distinction of having a off in pit lane during a endurance race once. (Obviously you are in need of material so you can be superior)

That was major suckage.

Anyway, appears we are now more concerned on assignation flaming. So with that I'll be putting a fork in this thread.

Later

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I was just guessing since you remind me of him,no need to get butt hurt.:crackup:

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

The only value MotoA is worried about is paid subscriptions for their feed, followed by page views as a metric to market to potential advertisers. That means unique views. Multiple viewings by the same user don't do anything for those numbers when it comes to getting money from sponsers. Now, if MotoA is serving up ads in their YouTube feed there is another avenue to revenue. MotoA's product is doing things that bring in sponsor dollars. Until they can live off that they are dependent upon getting paid by selling slots on the grid, hard cards, and subscriptions to their media. If capturing and producing content that meets the other content they are pushing out has a path to them getting paid then they will do it. If kids on bikes doesn't get them that goal, then it doesn't have a value and they will be OK with it dropping away.

FastByKids likes this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

At Nelson Ledges? Almost took out Brenda Ethridge? That was squirrelly.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't tracking in-app time as an engagement metric.

18. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

That is standard. They are tracking how much time you spend on their page, down to how much much time is spent on each part of the page. They will tell you how long you paused a clip, how many times you rewound, etc etc. They are tracking every part of your interaction. Now, if they are spending any time analyzing it is another matter.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

See post #169 :D