1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 | MotoAmerica | General Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by MyWayGuy, Jul 14, 2021.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

More ways than you know. But I’m starting to see the reluctance in trying to open doors.

2. FastByKids

My stones are usually bigger than theirs.

Again, let’s grow the sport. This is actually a healthy conversation on some issues the youth sport faces.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No excuses. We want results, asap. You said (implied) it would be easy, a goldmine waiting to be discovered.

Tick tock. Still waiting. No excuses, get to work.

4. FastByKids

Yes, tick tock.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but are you not seeing a HUUUUUGE gap between the seasoned racer (age) and the 25yo and below? The sport needs to grow. I still think there is something to this mini cup if properly managed.

Flame all you want. I can take it.

5. YamahaRick

No more typpy!!! More workie!!! Must workie hard or STFU!!!

Peter Hively likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Try again, been hearing that same old timer bullshit for thirty years now. No one wanting to piss away money on things that have been tried over and over again is not old timers who can't move on. Bitching about is noobs doing the same shit all the other noobs have done.

Social media isn't something that just happened this year.

FastByKids likes this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

A lot of people on this forum always have answers why shit doesn't work in the sport but rarely do you read ideas on how to make things better. Maybe instead of everyone posting this won't work and that won't work because it's Motorcycle racing in the United States come up with an idea or some kind of plan that might make it better. Maybe the idea is off the wall crazy sounding but it might get more fans to watch it on TV. It might get more fans to the track. And as stupid as it sounded earlier in the year regarding the bagger class Moto America fucking nailed it. The views on NBC and on Live+ were through the roof and it was viewed more than any class. Road America had more fans than I've seen in the last 10+ years. I don't know the exact numbers but I've been going since the late 90s and it was PACKED this year. Why? If it was because of the Baggers... So be it. But I don't think it was just that. People want to get out after being being cooped up for almost all of 2020. That probably had a lot to do with it as well.

TurboBlew, Gino230, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  8. FastByKids

11p in Germany. I’m on my way back state side to fight the good fight. Are you with me?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's funny about the Ohvales is everyone saying the same thing they did about the Metrakits. Going to change the world!!! :crackup:

turner38 and 5axis like this.
  10. YamahaRick

What part of the word LAZY do you not understand?

You are the horn tooter. Not me. Quit making excuses!

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They aren't going to change the world but they have absolutely done a better job of getting the bikes into people's hands than other companies have.

12. FastByKids

You make me want to go find my troll hat!

Out of everyone here you have a vested interest in getting PEOPLE off the screens and on to the track.

I truly think opportunity is being missed. But you have been there and done that apparently.

13. FastByKids

Well, I’ve never been called lazy before.

Horn tooter, I’ve been called worse.

Excuses are like @ssholes. Everyone has one much like opinions.

Point is a healthy conversation WAS being had until your snide remarks.

Look us up. We should be in a paddock near you soon!

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Don't forget the US Red bull rookies cup and the moriwakis. At least the latter paid contingency. I just threw our card away a few days ago. It might still have had five or ten dollars on it.

15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Perhaps Nickelodeon should be contacted to feature the kids classes once a month?

Slime each other on the podium

evakat, henry_carlson and mram0256 like this.
  16. FastByKids

If you knew the level of effort these kids put in along with what the parents sacrifice then perhaps you might realise how ignorant you are.

I doubt it thought.

17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So are you suggesting mini-baggers for the kids?!! Brilliant. Leathers must look like they’re wearing chaps and back of leathers must have the team “patch”. Yes!!!

18. nigel smith

I have a pretty good idea about those things, and his post didn't bother me. Go have fun with your kids. Don't worry about other kids or the health of the sport. Above all, let go of your expectations. I know where the road you are on goes.

19. nigel smith

A stroke of genius! Harley's buyers are aging out of the market. What better way to remain relevant? Someone get the Motor Company on the phone!

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I see a new ad campaign.

Harley-Davidson. From diapers to diapers.