1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 | MotoAmerica | General Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by MyWayGuy, Jul 14, 2021.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not Exactly true, The kids do have nice niche. And the parents that figure out how to share that over social media do have a very good shot at getting support.
    There is honestly lots of money out there the riders( or parents in this case) just have to find it and work for it.

FastByKids likes this.
  2. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Would you still be pushing for live coverage in the minis if you didn't have a child racing? I doubt it. I agree the kids put on a good race but people want to see the "big show"

With that said, MotoA does cover some of the mini stuff. I have seen brief highlights of the younger kids and clips from the races. I think that is great but don't see them broadcasting an entire event of it.

People dont want to watch youth sports unless its their own kin...

jksoft likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

The cameras arnt at the go kart track. ive been in person multiple times, these crowds you speak of are minimal. again, for the growth of the sport and development of our riders its good enough we have them.

4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

whoa whoa whoa!
    I’ve seen some fantastic coverage of the pocket bike races via Europe before I got the kids into it. Was properly edited and produced. Absolutely kept my attention. Which I think is where this opportunity is different. Exploit the social media!

MyWayGuy likes this.
  5. FastByKids

Well I can’t speak for this year because of capitalistic greed. But the Talent Cup from two years ago and what I seen last year was epic.

If the Evil Empire and MotoA is pissing this away then shame on them.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

And who's editing the footage from every round for free?

There's no money in it, you should know this.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Im having a hard time reading between the lines from capitalist greed and the evil empire??

8. FastByKids

Unless things have changed a announcer is already calling the race, riiiight?
    And from last year I personally seen cameras in place. How much editing is required?

Again, perhaps things changed this year?

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Have you ever had any experience with productions? Its not just "turning the camera" in case you weren't aware. By now though, you've made it abundantly and passive aggressively clear that you are quite biased.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is not Europe. It will never ever be remotely like Europe with regard to motorcycles and racing motorcycles. It'll never even get remotely close.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cameras shooting it for web or tv were not in place. As for how much editing - a shit ton if you're not running it through a truck and editing on the fly..

12. FastByKids

I invested in multiple chassis nearly identical to the OH-vale. Much better spec wise from my geeky engineering standpoint.

There may or may not of been some communication to be included in the series.

A waiver may of been initiated and MotoA differed to the Evil Empire.

Yea, old fat dad might be a bit disappointed. Capitalism at work.

Hope that make sense? But the opportunity to grow the sport is bigger than my hurt feelings.

So yes, blast it on MotoA live and perhaps it can be open to other chassis.

Moto3 is great because Honda and KTM go at it with different strengths and weakness.

Im sure the Spec crowd shall chime in soon. Along with my bald headed friend…

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  13. FastByKids

Bunch of old timers set in their ways!

Social media is the game changer. If harnessed properly the youth can be triggered and engaged.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I am lacking in the necessary skills to develop a sponsorship package. To be successful, you have to have a talented kid and a parent with marketing ability. Even then, what's a realistic long term goal? The kid's niche should be to have fun, no more and no less. I've watched racing dreams destroy kids and families. The second you think you're headed off to Europe is the second you need to dial it way back.

15. noles19

Definitely not disagreeing with you at all, it needs to be fun. The kids that I've seen grow up into racing professionally have always had fun with it and absolutely love it and wouldn't be where there are today without that.
    I was just speaking to the fact that there are opportunities out there for kids and adults to get sponsors, as long as they aren't doing the same thing that people were 30 years ago.

16. noles19

Motoamerica does engage with the minis on social media though, having it on live plus would be awesome, but not easy or cheap, or a big draw most likely.

17. noles19

You sure do like to vague book a lot...

RRP and Robby-Bobby like this.
  18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sounds like a task you, and I mean YOU ... should take on. Quit telling how everyone else should act ... and act on this yourself.

Signed, An old timer set in his ways. And lazy to boot.

FastByKids likes this.
  19. FastByKids

Well it’s a whole new world. Must be carful hurting feelings.
    I can’t be like I once was.
    Sponsorship dollars are few and far between. I’m learning to tread lightly.
    Actually a new skill set for myself if you knew me from before.

20. noles19

I get it but if you're going to throw stones, you should stand by them or not throw them, just my opinion.

Like throwing shade at ohvale, for example. Every other mini maker had the chance to so what they are and they didn't and still aren't.