1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Searching for my old bike

Discussion in 'General' started by Matthewmoab, Jun 21, 2021.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Or post
    Or post a picture

2. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

1995+ is the NX4, the OP's bike was the previous gen NF4 (like mine). And yes, the newer ones are easier to find parts for.

3. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

Probably. I just want a carbureted model. I believe in 95 they started going to injection which I'm not particularly a big fan of.

4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

No Honda's race 2-strokes had fuel or oil injection. At least ones for sale to the general public, that I know of. The only electric injection that you may be remembering, is the power-jet that was electrically operated, on the carb. For mid range I believe. And I don't know when the 95 or newer bikes got that.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

Oh wow that takes me back. I think you may be correct. I last raced that bike at Daytona and 99. Good times

6. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Are we talking Honda RS125 NF4 GP bike ? All bikes built to 2009 (last year sold , 2004 I believe was last year manufactured ) were carbureted . They were never injected , goes for Honda RS125 and Honda RS250 models . They started with power jet carbs in 97-98 because they couldn't keep em running with unleaded fuels. Which helped to keep them from detonating like mad in the mid-range.

backbone, Boman Forklift and SpeedyE like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea IMO, get an 04+ if you go can. From 96 on they are pretty similar, but in 04 they went to radial brakes, 95 had unique forks as I recall.

I’ve seen a few front lower fork legs have the brake mount snap off/crack from crashes on the older style front end pre 04.

The last one we owned was a 98, but the previous owner had swapped on the new front end. At one time I believe it was getting hard to find that front lower leg on the old style?

8. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

Hey, good to know. Thanks

9. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Can someone fix the image for those of us at work and cant see the image?

11. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

That's my bad. I'm on the road trying to do all this from my phone. Let me see if I can find some 6-year-old kid that can do it for me.

Sabre699 and speedluvn like this.
  12. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Id appreciate it if someone would let me know if this works.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not seeing pictures.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When you are making a post on the bottom there is a button saying upload a file. Select that and then choose your picture. Your picture Hass to be smaller than 1 MB,

So if it’s taken with anything modern it’ll be bigger than that. You can either download an app that will resize pictures or I found if I just email it to myself my email program automatically wants to shrink them and ask me what size to shrink them to

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No.

16. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

93/94 IIRC had carts in the forks and worked great. The ones prior had damping rods. Didn't the 95 change the motor as well? I seem to remember that before that it was just a dirt bike motor, maybe that was the 80's, hell I've lost those brain cells :)

Matthewmoab likes this.
  19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

20. Matthewmoab

Matthewmoab Member

Hopefully this works.

Attached Files: