1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zarco

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott47, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Is he in the perfect place with pramac or should he be on one of the factory bikes?

motoboy and Canadian Bacon like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Perfect place with Pramac.

The Great One, 418, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Zat ees a sheet question.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If he's on a full factory spec bike, and he and the team I don't see why anyone would alter the arrangement. He's the leading Ducati in the title chase now. Let him run.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Yes!

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Factory team develops the bike though, why not guide the development to suit the strongest rider?

Rossi has a huge hard-on for Zarco, if Zarco remains the top prospect, it'll be interesting to see how Rossi reacts.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

MAYBE that factored into the decision to run Ducati bikes as well.

It's definitely going to be a fun game of Musical Chairs after this season is over. There are going to be quite a few empty seats.

From what I've seen:

2 - Yamaha
    1 - Suzuki Not sure Rins keeps his ride there with all the Bautista riding he's doing this year.
    3 - (Maybe) at Ducati, and I'm accounting for Rossi's 2 empty seats at this point
    1 - KTM I don't think Danillo P will keep his seat with the results he's getting

Garder and Fernandez on the KTM Moto2 team defintely should get moved up.
    People talk about Joe Roberts moving up, but personally, I don't see it with is 2021 crash festival he's having.

And in Moto3 Pedro Acosta is just a little BAD ASS. How long will they hold him back from a MotoGP ride?

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Like Crutchlow when he was kicking a respectable amount of ass on the Tech3 Yamaha team but couldn't leave well enough alone and had to jump over to factory Ducati for a higher paycheck but lousier results.

418 likes this.
  9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don’t know if that’s quite accurate. Crutchlow wanted a factory bike so he could do the full business + get paid.

When he was doing well at Yamaha and jumped to Ducati, there was no room at the inn at factory Yamaha and wouldn’t be for years so he took the chance while he had it. Dovi was also hoping to become a factory Yamaha man, but they took Valentino back so he jumped ship too. Yamaha also isn’t renowned for giving good support to their satellite, so that’s a factor as well.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Up until a couple years ago Yamaha was not renowned for giving good support to anyone whos last name was not Rossi...

418 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll throw this out there. Zarco gets all the benefits of being in the factory team (support, latest bike), a strong support system from his team, has direct ducati support but has none of the pressure and bullshit that comes with being in the factory team.

He's a factory rider without the shit that comes with being on the factory team.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

He’s fine where he is

13. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

I have always liked Zarco. Hoping to see his signature backflip in Austria. He is definitely due for a win.