1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB - 1996/97 GSXR 750 Flatslides

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ScottyRock155, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Anyone have a good set or know of a set for sale?

Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Hard to come by

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You should go FI

4. ScottyRock155

If I could just swap in the FI stuff I would, but FI models have an extra sensor in the head, which seems like a large pain in the ass to swap.

5. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I had a set on my 1997.

6. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

7. This old Rz

Yeah I've got a 96 and the pump fuel was GUMMING the carbs and thus rough running.... so in my infinite wisdom I took the carbs apart to clean them and there they sit on my work bench14 months later all Fucking 170 indavidual pieces!:timeforabeer:
    Friggin 170 PC's on four carbs, go figure! and no shop will do carburetors anymore.
    I could try it but I know I'll just frustrate myself I've never taken apart a set of those carbs before I've only worked on simple 2-stroke carbs.
    It's my fault I should have put them back together right away but I was waiting for different parts and the diaphragms and all the other shit I ordered online.

Does anybody know of a top-notch carburetor guy anywhere near southern California to can work on SRAD carbs...
    This bike was just sublime it's a shame for it to be sitting throttle response was so crisp just twisting my wrist and 1st or 2nd lifted the front wheel... It was jetted almost flawlessly.

I guess I'm getting old because the thought of spending $500 to have for carburetors cleaned and partially rebuilt to me is absurd I remember buying my rz350 brand new for $2,300...lol

8. stickboy274

So, you need a head gasket and a new head.

9. ScottyRock155

And a new cam, and the FI parts, and the wire harness, and the ECU.

10. stickboy274

Looks like you have it all figured out. Get to it.

11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

This is why I take dozens of pics when I tear my carbs apart to rebuild them... I can always refer back to my photos!

12. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Carry Andrew is in So Cal. He ran the Hyper Sport Team back in the day and still builds some vintage stuff.

13. This old Rz

Heya,D Thanks Does he happen to have a contact # ?

I searched and didn't come up with anything

If so thanks in advance

14. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

If you are facebook look him up on there. He just posted an old school engine build he is starting.

15. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

RZ,
    Try http://www.hypercycle.com/ (818) 988-8860 If you're on the east coast you might try Steve at SpeedWerks http://www.speedwerks.com/index.cfm Steve is active on the BBS.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    ungwaha likes this.
  16. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member