1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 7 | Catalunya | Spain | Jun 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 31, 2021.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Exactly. It’s not Wera. The world just watched them allow him to race with a 2 foot hole in his suit at 200 mph. Not to good of a look for them. Especially when he had to wear a mask on the grid 35 mins before to protect him from the people he’s always around.

Phl218, ToofPic, MVA25 and 1 other person like this.
  2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Leathers penalty, kiss my arse...
    EFE80B93-2626-4100-9E08-D6914029443F.jpeg

cav115 likes this.
  3. Marcos415

Marcos415 Well-Known Member

Do they get a different type of liner in their suits? That mesh we get in our suits is the most uncomfortable thing on bare skin.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If the side of the helmet was caved in they should get black flagged also. There is a difference between stopping someone in the race because they MIGHT have a safety issue and when they obviously do have a safety issue.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is woven out virgin’s pubic hair. :D

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Isn’t the airbag armed in Dianese by the snaps at the top ? I always wondered why A-Stars didn’t implement a snap instead of the velcro.

On The Race podcast they were saying something about the cheat protector riding up. That makes the most sense as once it’s out of place and high, you’re going to try and do something about it. From the replays it looks like this is most likely the case and why when he tried to correct the problem the chest protector flew out on to the track.

What’s really come to light, even more than we know, is how inept the stewards are at making decisions during a race. It was a clear safety violation that could have had fatal results.

What if this were to happen in M3? You think a rider going into T1 with an open suit getting pulled around couldn’t have an impact on others? Fabio was just lucky that this race was spread out a bit.

There’s some serious need to own his mistake. If he failed to zip it all the way up. Own that. If he failed to properly make sure all his gear was 100% before he was on the grid. Own that. He made a decision that could have had serious ramifications to him and others. He’s lucky he got out of there with 6th. This isn’t life or death scenarios, it’s a sport.

The Great One, Quicktoy and Jed like this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

He could have picked the slowest part of the track, gone off the racing line, zipped up, and been done with it. Unzipped leathers aren't going to give the same protection.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm more surprised A* hasn't released anything yet. I'm sure they looked at each frame of the race.

~sent from mobile

418 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    wsmc42 and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Quicktoy

Dan Dubeau and BigBird like this.
  11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Who’s his airline buddy?

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

No idea. I read about him in the article bigbird just posted.

13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Couldnt make it past the word "nadir"

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Just looked him up on the FAA database and he definitely looks to be a (former) airline pilot.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I agree. I have all the respect for his racing accomplishments, but that doesn't make him automagically qualified for the position he's holding right now.

BigBird likes this.
  18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

and then we get some other donk enforcing the rules you all hate

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Isn't that the way it works? :D

BigBird likes this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

FB_IMG_1623162441489.jpg

Problem. Solved.

R1M370, MachineR1, cav115 and 2 others like this.