1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 2nd gen SV650

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by frankidellimorb, Jun 2, 2021.

1. frankidellimorb

frankidellimorb Active Member

Looking to get into track riding and need my first proper track bike. I’ve settled on the SV650 (2nd gen since not mechanically inclined).

I’m looking for something that’s ready or 99% ready to ride on track, located within ~10 hr drive from Northern California (any direction), and between $2-5k.

I’ll fully admit that I’m new to the track world and, like I said, not familiar with the mechanical side of things. So I’d really appreciate an honest/trusted seller that would be able to walk me through their bike a little bit and simply not take advantage of my inexperience by selling me junk or asking an unfair price. I’m willing to pay for the assurance that I’m getting a quality bike.

Post here or DM, both okay. Let me know what you got. Thanks :clap:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    jpratt847 likes this.
  2. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I'm biased, as I have a 2nd gen SV I race. But I think you've made an excellent choice. Not sure about California prices, but here in the SE one can find a very nicely set up 2nd gen for well within your budget. Feel free to message me if you have any questions you'd like to ask directly. Good luck!

frankidellimorb likes this.
  3. Notorious

Notorious Member

I have a 2012 for sale, no title as it was never registered. 5000 track only miles. Has kickstand. Bike located just outside Washington DC, 5 mins from IAD Dulles airport. 190367426_324835102611319_3167271343009480058_n.jpg 192235517_4811876428838985_219505123719223753_n.jpg

Upgrades:
    - Full M4 Exhaust
    - Racetech Fork Cartridge Emulators for 160lb rider
    - Ohlins Rear Shock
    - Dynojet Quick Shifter (GP Shifter too)
    - Galfer steel braided brake lines
    - HH Sintered brake pads
    - RK Brand RX Chain GB520XS0
    - Vortex Clip-ons
    - Vortex Rear Sets
    - New tires (Q3+ IIRC)
    - New race number
    - all fluids changed for the season

Can send much better pics if interested, happy to facetime you through this entire bike, with shipping this is within your budget.

4. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to post mine up just cause I haven't been able to find time to get to the track.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. frankidellimorb

frankidellimorb Active Member

Seems like a great bike. However I’d prefer to buy it locally. Thank you though.
    I don’t want to steal your ride... but if you really want to sell, I’ll happily consider it

6. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

7. Shoot me a text plz! 7189089597

8. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

If you are ever in SoCal come on by and check it out. Just setting on stands here in the garage, unfortunately still hasn't moved since covid.

9. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Good luck with whatever you do. I had an sv, hated it. 600's are called "race replicas" for a reason ( if that makes sense). You should be able to find one in that budget.

If you want to race lightweight twins, by all means, get one.

Never take the word of anyone trying to sale you something , even on an enthusiast's form. I learned than myself, it's less of a community when it comes to $.

Again, good luck, it's worth getting into imo if you are in that place in your life.