1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firman generator deal at Costco? $349 or 359 with parallel kit included

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Firman-160...E&pageci=4792b2f0-b2fc-441c-833a-518d8a145279

This generator is on sale at Costco for $349 or $359, $100 off normal price and comes with parallel cables for joining two of them together

A couple years ago my Yamaha 2000 and Yamaha 2400 were stolen and I almost bought two of these today. Only reason I didn’t, is because I haven’t really needed them since we aren’t racing, plus with Covid my business is still down.

I have the illusion I could hook them into the house for a power outage, but in 25 years living here I think we’ve only had 1 or 2 and they happenened during the night.

They had 5 left at the store by work. If I know you on here and you can’t get there, I could run over and pick them up for you.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    BigBird likes this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My Costco had those as well. That's a good deal.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I was in the market recently I looked at all the Chinese generators. A lot of them seem really nice.

I ended up sticking with Honda, but at a third of the price though it’s hard to criticize anyone for making that choice.

TurboBlew, BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Believe me, this Beeb will. :crackup:

JBraun, rd400racer and speedluvn like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I bought a Chinese generator, but had to return it. Was total junk. For $349 from costco, with their return policy, may be worth a shot.

Food carts in NYC use Hondas generators all day, every day. That alone is a testament to their reliability. Without it, the cart can not operate, so no $$. Also, you meet the nicest people on a Honda, so there's that.

6. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I bought the 3200W starting/2900W running version of this Firman from Costco a year ago for $500. It works well enough. Sometime takes a few pulls to get started. Not the quietest, but quiet enough. Ran over 10 hours on a single tank of gas a few weeks ago when I ran it overnight to power toy hauler's furnace.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Other than portability, I'd pick a Predator 3500 over a pair of these any day.

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

A pair of these is $700 and a predator 3500 is $850... that's a fair margin between them

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

The off shore divers/tenders are using the harbor freight ones replacing the Honda eu2000 and say they last longer. They run them all day everyday. Just on my buddies crew. 0.02

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

then teh modz
    ...hehe

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I see way more Predators anymore than I do Honda’s at the circle tracks and drag strips. I won’t say they are better or worse but some of those predators look beat to hell and are still going

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  12. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

yeah, if your needing it for work, get a Honda. If it's once in a while or light recreation, cheaper ones are fine. But be prepared to not find too many servicing shops and/or parts for them.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I bought a used honda off craigslist and its worked perfect and probably always going to be worth the $500 I paid

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who has owned all varieties of Honda generators just bought a predator 3000 and said there's no difference from a EU3000. I believe him, but I've talked so much shit about buying Chinese knock offs that I'm stuck between spending thousands of extra dollars and being a hypocrite.

15. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

Bumping this thread because I just bought a house in CA in January. With wildfire season upcoming, PG&E says potential outages up to 48hrs at a time. Will this Firman do basics like a refrigerator, etc? I have an extra freezer only unit in the garage. Would it run both overnight? I've never owned a generator, so no idea what to look for regarding power output, etc.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

If you get two, Costco has a $50 off $500 coupon right now too.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yah but you may want to run an extended capacity fuel source...
    https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/product/firman-extended-run-time-fuel-kit/

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sorry 'bout your luck....:(

At least you said PG&E so that means up north....where 'bouts you moving?

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I watched a bunch of generator reviews on YouTube recently, seems like all these generators either all come out of the same factory or are the same design. They all work up to the rated power, some will go a little higher, some are a little quieter, the Firmans come in right around the middle on all marks.

I ended up w/ the Predator 3500 myself, I was more concerned with noise and it seems like it's the only one that is Honda-quiet. I believe Northern Tool sells this model as well as a Powerhorse model, but it's perpetually out of stock.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  20. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

We got lucky actually. Overpaid, but very happy we got in while we did. Our offer was $20k less than the highest, but seller and his agent picked our offer.
    We needed to get out of the apartment we were renting since we just had our first daughter. Loud neighbors, drinking, etc. Not a good environment for raising a family.
    Our family is local to this area. We live right between San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles. Some great riding 'round these parts!

beac83 and motion like this.