1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Ford Sales guys in the house

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Apr 20, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

This close enough?

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1428012

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I don't think Carvana has that good of a price in general. I have been quoted a brand new 2020 XLT's for 35K out of the door. That one is a 2019 with 10K miles for 33K OTD.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours are doing everything via mail like the dealers would anyway.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Carvana is way overpriced unless you really want the vending machine or delivery to you. Although I have found a lot of new car dealers will gladly deliver as well.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread because i want a godzilla truck. I sold my suv a few weeks ago and i've narrowed it down to a base model f250 lariat. Slim pickings out there but i found one i like.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rivedpriceASC&numRecords=25&clickType=listing

I called these bastards and they said that price is only for employees and their families. How do i get around this bullshit? @Kris87 is there any way for a nobody like me to get the price some of these places advertise? Thanks.

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Ford allows dealers that have a certain % of sales consisting of A/Z/D plan employee pricing to advertise the employee price. Because of all the Ford employees in Michigan, they're the only state that can do it. There's nothing you can do about it.

That said, inventory is in short supply everywhere. Good luck finding that truck you're looking for. If you tell me all the specs, and where you live, I can do a search in 2 minutes that would take you an hour.

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

It'd probably be next week before I could help though.

8. cpettit

I'm not in a huge hurry. Just got excited when i saw the price on this one and then pissed when i heard that i couldn't get that price. I want an F250, 7.3, lariat base model. Heated seats and sunroof would be nice but i want a deal more than that. That one i linked in my post above is about perfect. I live in Cincinnati but don't mine traveling to pick one up. I have lotsa frequent flyer miles. Thanks for the help!

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I am lucky enough to still get A plan pricing, even though he's been gone 20 years.

Thanks grandpa..

I still drive a RAM anyways

Ford lost me after the 6.0 diesel.

10. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Kris, same inventory situation on Transit vans at the moment also? We'll need one at some point later this year. Mid or high roof, long wheel base. Not real picky, used is fine also.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

If you don't want to hassle Kris, I buy from Mike Jackson at Beechmont Ford. He had my last truck brought in from Detroit and delivered it to my house.

12. cpettit

I'll look into it. I found out i can get an X code discount from my wife's father but it seems not all dealers will do that discount. Wonder how that works if the dealer that has the truck will accept it. Does the local one have to also? Car buying is as big a pain in the ass as house buying.

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Transits are especially scarce right now. Most of what's being built for us we're giving to Aaron's. They're our biggest fleet customer and we sell them Transits.

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Normally any dealer would accept x plan on a Superduty, but not right now due to shortages. We have not accepted it.

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

That will be a hard truck to find, as most dealers would put the diesel in a Lariat. Send me your zip code and I'll see if I can find one close by.

On a side note, don't expect more than $2-3k off MSRP tops if you can get that on the truck.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I figure if I can get out the door tax/title/tags for MSRP, both the dealer and I made out evenly. Anything less is gravy. In my parts, it's a little bit of gravy...tax/title/tags ~$1K+ off MSRP on a "sold order" Super Duty.

I, too, want a Godzilla F-series, but I'm keeping my thumb in the dam 'til I hear more about the 10-spd transmission recalls(?).

17. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

A bunch of them are going to be out of paint sooner rather than later if the port in CA cant get its $(*^ together.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

They don't need any of that fancy finaggled semi-conductor tech in an XL, do they? I get the gist that it applies to all that nanny-state BS for the non-drivers.

20. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Across the board! I'll search around locally for some used ones, see what's available. What a crazy time. I own a bicycle shop and the preorder I placed last June for bicycles is still trickling in. It might be 50% fulfilled. It's a full year out on some bikes and components it's looking like.