1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakersfield, California PEEPS! Where you at?!

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When is that race? It might be fun to see if it fits my schedule?

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Apr. 16-18 Streets of Willow
    Apr. 23-25 Willow Springs

Come on out.

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Not sure if he'll be willing to drive out there but I'll email him and ask. Will let you know Stick!

stickboy274 likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rob, if you haven't been to the AHRMA race at Willow Springs, you owe it to yourself to go out for the weekend. Great turnout and lots of interesting machines. If you buy me a plane ticket and drive, I'll go with you.

Boman Forklift and YamahaRick like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Never been, and these dates have some challenges, with parties I’m supposed to be at.

You just rode a single cylinder bike all over mexico and then drive over 1000 miles in your truck, you can drive a few more miles to get out of that shitty Montana weather. By mid April you will be stir crazy again.

motion likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

@stickboy274 Check your PM's.

Running out of time and want to secure this top.

7. Boman Forklift

Dude if it’s really worth it to you I might be able to go or pay one of my employees to go get it. That’s probably a 4-6 hour round trip so a 6 pack won’t even cover the over $4 a gallon fuel we have out here.

I can’t believe the person is such a jerk they won’t ship it for you?

8. ClemsonsR6

Nah...it's not that necessarily.

He doesn't want to ship it really to prevent damage from happening to it, so I get it and appreciate it. He even mentioned renting a car to take it down to Willow since the box is so big. He would actually prefer Stick brings it back to guarantee to me, that it arrives safely.

But trying to play middle man on everyones schedules is tough. LOL.

Bryce is crazy busy. Stick isn't going all the way up to Bakersfield. The seller isn't comfortable driving to the Greyhound station and doesn't have a truck big enough to get the box down to Willow. LOL. It's just a cluster and I really hate asking for people to go out of their way for me. That's all. I want it to be as easy and possible.

9. Boman Forklift

So it's a top for a Vette? How big is it in the box it is in? I'm so far out of the local club scene now, but I can make a post since I have some friends here in S. Cal.

Another idea.....I'm not a AMHRA guy, not old enough yet...LOLOL. Join there website and ask if there are any Bakersfield racers or N. Cal racers that are driving to either of the Willow springs races....there has got to be a bunch of them. Offer one of them some coin to meet your seller and the racer can deliver to stick at either of the two willow races.

Tyler WTF is your last name, I can't remember and I'm trying to reach out to a friend on Facebook. Man I wish the Beeb made us all use our real name like I did for 12 years.

10. ClemsonsR6

Yes, it's a Carbon Fiber Targa Top. The box is huge....55x36x10 and weighs about 25 pounds.

Tyler Beard

11. Boman Forklift

Thanks. made a couple of posts on Racebook

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

So this was the weekend, did you get er done? The Facebook post I put up, someone said they would help, and I told him to reach out to you, but I lost track of it, so just curious?

13. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

What kind of case has 12 beers? That's a half rack dude.

14. ClemsonsR6

Some guy on the Facebook was kinda joking about it but eventually pulled through and got it from Bakersfield down to Willow weekend before last where the infamous Stickdude will bring it back from California.

No one ever reached out to me; but I do greatly appreciate the effort Rob. Thank you.

Now just waiting on Big Red Express to come back across the country.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Stickboy is pure gold.

16. ClemsonsR6

Most definitely! He rocks!

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

18. stickboy274

I'm finally back from my nationwide tour. I have the box. If that fits a C6, you better hope the wife doesn't figure out what's in there.

19. Boman Forklift

So how was the week + you spent out at windy Willow Springs?

I wanted to come out and watch the races plus say hi to you, but I spent both weekends prepping/moving my business.

20. stickboy274

That is the craziest wind out there. We went up the mountain by the track, and the wind tried to blow me off of it.

Boman Forklift and wsmc42 like this.