1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Welp, I went to go get some extra mags for the handguns. Turns out, Ruger thinks their Security 9 mags are forged out of precious metals or something and are more expensive than the other brands I happen to own.

I solved the problem in the most Beeb way I could think of at the time: I bought a Ruger PC Carbine because it comes with a mag that fits the Security 9. It also comes with a mag well insert that fits Glock mags, so I can use all of the ridiculous contraptions people have come up with for those now. Because pew pew.

sbk1198 and Sabre699 like this.
  2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

this might be a topic for another thread, but someone here @Steak Travis might know...

so i now have a residence address in Arizona. I havent technically moved out of the great state of komifornia, but i want to start the NFA application for a suppressor now, if possible. any pointers on the process or steps to take? i dont move and live in AZ full time until december of 21.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

If you start the process through online the SilencerShop you would pick a AZ dealer to handle the transfer.You won’t see the dealer until pickup. But you need to open an account with the SilencerShop and you need photo ID. Most use DL. So I think you might get tripped up. We are allowed to use other forms of residence confirmation. They must be from a government agency. Tax bill, change of address card etc.
    Good luck

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    socalrider likes this.
  4. socalrider

Thanks! my vehicles are registered there, i have the title to my home etc. havent changed my drivers license there yet though so... maybe i have to wait on this.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

[​IMG]

sbk1198 and noles19 like this.
  6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’ve been flying all day so I’m a little fried but i think it’d be fine to put your Az address and go ahead and do it. But silencer shop or whoever you buy from can confirm but with suppressors it’s not as bad as an SBR. SBR’s they get all bent out of shape for crossing state lines.

im on 8 months on my 5th suppressor right now. Others are getting them faster, I think there is a josh hunter out there with some felonies or something because mine always take forever

socalrider likes this.
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Solvent cups

8. socalrider

I'll give it a shot, would love to kill the time it takes while going about my life here and basically have it waiting for me when I move there

9. Steak Travis

Top notch fit and finish. Highly recommend jagerwerks. Took 8 weeks to my door

10mm hog blaster
    [​IMG]

10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Can you give details as to what you had done/added? Cost? Tried it out yet? Don't know if you posted earlier about what you were having done.

Thanks.

11. Steak Travis

Delta point pro with leupold back up sight attachment and Dawson front sight. The slide was milled and coated by jagerwerks. Will shoot it this week for the first time but not planning on messing with the trigger or anything else.

Gunfighter Inc holster. Not the nicest holster ever but gets the job done

[​IMG]

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

10mm will take care of anything

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Anyone bought a CZ TS2 yet? I'm not into handguns, but I think the next one I buy for myself(just bought the wife a M&P 380 EZ) with either be a CZ75 or 97. The TS2 looks sexy.

14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

id love to have that for a competition type pistol. I think that fits my hand perfectly from what i remember but the orange grip ones are a tad big for my tiny asian hand

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So it would be perfect as a carry gun? lol.

16. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I have a CZ Shadow 2 and love it. Haven't shot the TS2 yet though.

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

best would be to ankle holster it

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I had a TSO for two weeks. It’s a nice gun but for the money I could do better with something else. Guy that has it now wouldn’t sell it for anything.

19. Steak Travis

This 10mm with the red dot is awesome. I shot a hog this morning turkey hunting but unfortunately hadn’t zerod the 10mm otherwise it’d have been perfect.

I also may pass on the cmp 1911 . I’ve got a 23xxx number if anyone is interested pm me

20. Steak Travis

Picked up a bergara ridge 308 18” barrel . Threw a 1-6 strike eagle on it and it’s been great. Wasn’t trying to put some super nice scope on it but I popped three hogs with it! No turkeys :(