1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Race Relay Endurance Class

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Have you seen the Road Race Relay class in the Endurance Series this year? This class is perfect for racers who have wanted to try endurace but don't want to build an endurance bike or let their knuckle head friends ride their bike.

Road Race Relay is team race with in the traditional 4-hour endurance race held as part of the N2 National Endurance Series by Dunlop. The goal of this class within this series is to encourage participation from riders and teams who would like to try endurance racing, but lack the technical assets to field a true endurance bike. There will be a limit of ten (10) teams per event eligible to compete in this class. Entries will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.

Each team will consist of a minimum of (2) riders and (2) motorcycles and maximum (4) riders and (4) motorcycles. with a single electronic transponder. The goal is to use the resource of each team to travel as much distance as possible with the transponder in the fixed duration (4 hours) of the race.

You can read the entire regulations here: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/n2_wera_endurance_relay_2021.pdf

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Anyone need a teammate for cmp?

3. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

I wish they had this option for the ultra lightweight bikes - Kawi 400.

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Because there's no point? The ultra light weight's can't even have drybreak stuff or quick change axles (not like you even bother changing wheels anyways) to begin with. The hurdles associated with the 4 hour endurance simply aren't there for the ultra lightweight class.

5. Chip

Chip Registered

Maybe next year. It was discussed, but we felt the best way to introduce it was with the most available platforms.

evakat and Chand like this.
  6. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

I believe one of the point of the relay class is that each rider can ride their own bike, own setup and so on.

Boman Forklift and evakat like this.
  7. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

Understood. I also don't know how I feel about having ULW bikes mixed with HW . The regular 2 hour ULW Endurance race will do just fine for now:)

APO2112 likes this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

That's a fair point to an extent, best I can offer is that WERA & N2 are very receptive to feedback from riders that actually participate. I'm not saying you'll get your way if you ran every round in ULWT, I'm merely stating that the opinions of those that are involved in the game typically get listened to more than those of armchair quarterbackers. :D

APO2112, JBall and Chand like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - why? You can already run the ULW race by yourself with no one else riding your bike which is the entire point of the relay class.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll tell you right now that will not happen. I can trust our HW teams dealing with the LW bikes - barely. I'm never going to put something in with that huge a speed difference.

sdg, Buell1965 and Chand like this.
  11. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

Well, the thought process was that you could have 2 ULW bikes among 4 riders and each rider can ride for an hour but as you mentioned mixing HW and ULW is not a good idea because of the speed difference. I'm taking my wish back :)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Yeah it'll never happen. I already have enough stress with the LW's.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

ULW bikes should not be on track with HW bikes, but a ULW Relay class within the 2hr ULW Endurance race is something worth discussing if the current Road Race Relay class is as popular as we think it will be.

Chand likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same question I asked him originally - it's already perfectly set up for one rider on their own bike. Hell, that was a huge part of why we wanted the ULW class in the first place.

15. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Bring your 300 to CMP and let’s race that shit.

Chand and Wheel Bearing like this.
  16. Wheel Bearing

I'm thinking about it actually... :clap:

Chand likes this.
  17. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

She’s all ready to go!!! :clap::clap:

APO2112, Richard Warfield and JBall like this.
  18. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Hey!!!

You keep it at a low volume about us LWT mud puddles. Us and the rocket monsters have been able to reach a silent mutal agreement and keep it for many years with no major incidents. Its like George Costanza and the birds, don't ignore the deal and nobody gets hit.

Looking forward to see everyone this weekend!

DucatiBomber, Chand and t11ravis like this.
  19. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Looking to enter into the relay for pittrace. Do I register through N2 or WERA? Also, is it allowed to have 2 HW bikes and 1 MW bike on the same team and same race? Also 2 will be expert license holders and one will be novice. Read through the rules but didn't see any rules forbidding this so I'm assuming this is okay?

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Endurance entry is through N2.

Relay class can be any class of bike (LW, MW, HW) and expert or novice riders.

moto316 likes this.