1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stealorship or what?

Discussion in 'General' started by speedluvn, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

All of them combined are maybe worth as much as one previously crashed Himalaya.

motion likes this.
  2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

It's basically just a bull's eye to get pulled over and ticketed for expired inspection. I'd imagine there's a good chance the GF could explain to the officer what the circumstances are and be fine, but you never know what you'll get...

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

"Rouge"??? Really? Nobody?

Is the car exhibiting any problems- shimmy etc? If not, then drive on.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Alignment is still adjustable. The outers thread onto the inners just like any other rack and pinion steering system.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Should be abnormal tire wear, yeah?

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

What do the tires look like? Excessive play should result in funky tire wear. As to the 4 year yes unless she parks by letting it hit the curb (true story of a service man and his new work van :mad:)

7. Boman Forklift

I agree with you 100% it doesn’t seem like a rack would wear out that quickly.

My wife went to get work done on her Mercedes and at two different dealers on tires and I think brake services, they want to reprogram the distronic Cruise control BS for $2-300.

Really pisses me off because most people including me would fall for it. I started asking questions and told them my wife never used the cruise so I don’t care if it works. Before i picked it up but after the 2nd or 3rd conversation about this stupid
    charge, I learned if there is a problem with it, the car will tell you.

She took it in for brakes a couple weeks ago and shut them down on it without even asking me. They also tried to get her to buy tires, and they aren’t at the wear bars yet, so she shut that down too, actually made me proud of her.

Fencer likes this.
  8. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

I deal with VA inspections daily for work, if it seems bogus take it to another shop and have the inspection redone. You are not locked in to the first shops list. Let me know your area and I can recommend a shop.

Fencer likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I didnt get a look at the tire but from what Ive noticed nothing to attract attention.

Just 10 minutes ago, the dealer called her to say that she had a nail in her tire! It's like they're preying on her now that they have the car.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You wanna see pissed off, you should see the reactions of owners of certain higher end vehicles who come in to buy a battery when they’re told the battery needs to be “programmed” to the car. They act like I’m trying to fuck them over. Uh, I just sell the battery, you have to find someone else to do the programming, so how exactly am I trying to fuck you over? You think the shop you take it to is going to know who sold them the battery and send me a kickback?

11. Boman Forklift

Not that it is worth it this time, but America’s tire ask discount tire, owned by same company fix those for free.

12. speedluvn

And what about removing the sticker the dealership applied?

It was a dealership in Alexandria

13. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

https://www.notjusttrailers.com/tutorials/tire-maintenance

15. speedluvn

Thanks. I told her not to have them fix the tire. I'll pick up the car if she's concerned about driving the car.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. speedluvn

17. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

You can not remove the sticker yourself however we often leave the crooked shop, drive down the road to a preferred shop same day and get a pass sticker.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. speedluvn

We have some something similar in MD but its mostly tied to when buying/selling a used car when I encountered this issue. MD is not inspected annually

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I know it would be a bit of a drive from Alexandria, but I can recommend a really good shop out in Sterling VA that would get you sorted out for sure.

In Alexandria, I would take it to Royal Service Center on Quaker and see if they pass it. That is where I take my fleet of vehicles as it is one of the few local places that will actually inspect my enclosed trailer. They did decent work on my wife's old Mustang.

speedluvn likes this.
  20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Actually it's quite easy to remove yourself. Scrape the MF'er off and move on with life, fix it, and get it reinspected somewhere else (though you'll have to pay for the full reinspection fee, not just the $1 for the sticker)

You'll get called out for a failed inspection sticker 100x faster than no sticker.