1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the actual F*^$%

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Apr 1, 2021.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My parents had this fat couple they knew.....house had aisles between old National Geographic magizines in there stacked 6' high.

Most of the time they wouldn't even let you in their house....they met you in the driveway as soon as you pulled up.

2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Could you inagine the smell? Masked by the other stuff I guess.

My mom was a moderately bad hoarder. She died suddenly of an MI in the hospital a few years ago.
    My brother, sister and I all flew to Dallas to clean out her apartment. There was some things in there, antiques, heirlooms, etc. worth something. The rest was trash.
    My well off sister hired a 'crew', a few trucks and they had it cleared out completely in hours.

It was sad.
    She went to the hospital 'cause she didn't feel well, drove herself. She was admitted, the next morning they tried and save her from the MI. Nope.
    Like I said, she was a fairly bad hoarder. little paths to a few spots. That was it.

3. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

[​IMG]

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've cleaned out my houses after evicting hoarder tenants. I had one a few years ago that kept their old prescription bottles... those amber plastic ones. There were thousands in the house and garage.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My buddies, Inlaws cleaned out the grandmothers hoarder home after her passing. Books, magazines, and newspapers stacked up everywhere. They hired a crew to come in and take the bulk of it, so they could go in and sort through the valuables. That's when they discovered that money was falling out of the pages of some of the books. Grannny didn't trust banks, and stashed cash in the pages of all the books and magazines. I can't remember how much they ended up finding but 16 or 26K rings a bell. No idea how much went to the landfill before they figured it out. Hoarders can be a strange bunch.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I found 600 bucks in an alarm clock box in my mother in laws house. She was totally NOT a hoarder which was why a random box stood out enough to look inside.

I wonder sometimes how much cash is in the dump...

7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

When my grandmother passed my Aunt was going through her stuff to get rid of it . Went to toss out her robe , but thought it was kinda heavy for what it was .. found a few thousand dollars sewn into it :D