1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Alien Gear, Cross Breed and Gunfighters all make chest rigs.

https://aliengearholsters.com/chest-holsters.html
    https://aliengearholsters.com/backpack-gun-holsters.html. <--- Personally I'd look at this one, as the clip-on with the holster attaches to the backpack strap and integrate into a pack I already use.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This is like what I have. It isn't very modular or tacticool, it just works well for access and retention in active use.
    https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/man...Ou3rJ7mU9-PRJL8yiThoCnLoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

3. Patent1

Patent1 Well-Known Member

Anyone own a Barrett REC7 GEN II Carbine? Thinking of buying a gas piston rifle, and this one seems to have good reviews. Would use it solely for range fun. Not a hunter. Leaning towards the 5.56 Nato version rather than 6.8 SPC. Would like your thoughts on possible alternative rifles as well as your ownership/shooting experience with this weapon. Thanks in advance!

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Check out the Sig Rattler as well.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

my 2.5 Moa Delta point pro came in today. Now just waiting on my slide from jagerwerks. About a week out I believe on that and I can finally shoot this 10mm

rice r0cket likes this.
  6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

How long for total turnaround? I have a G20 as well that I need to get cut.

7. Steak Travis

4-8 weeks they say but seems like 7 is about standard to have in hand. I’m at 6 weeks. They did just post about being busier than ever so who knows

8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Be sure to post a pic when it’s all together. We are making our second trip to NC for hogs today. Last trip had too many problems to list. I don’t care if I pull the trigger just glad to get away. You are correct that night hunting is not all fun and games. I used to do it all the time but lately it seems like more work.

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Also fiocchi is supposed to open another plant here. Not sure how raw materials are holding up though. Shortages are everywhere

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

12. Steak Travis

I'm headed South next weekend to Turkey hunt but will probably pop a few pigs. Got this thunder chicken on camera along with a bunch of hogs

Attached Files:

13. Steak Travis

got my CMP 1911 number. Seems relatively low compared to others. Sounds like it takes a long time to get a call. Some are saying a year or so

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Triple X likes this.
  14. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Me too! I'm at 21,1xx and my dad drew 20,1xx... so hoping it will be much sooner than a year.

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Curious to what is the allure of a CMP 1911 and what do they sell for
    Thanks

16. Steak Travis

Just cool to have a GI 1911 . My dad got one in the first round and it’s in good shape and a shooter. There are definitely a lot better 1911’s out there for the price.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I definitely like grandpas and great grandpas. I think the older one shoots better but it's been a while since they've been out.

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve been lucky enough to by two 40s era gi 1911s both were back in the early 80s. I only have one left but it eats any ammo and shoots really good. Good luck with lotto

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Made in the 40's or used in the 40's? I think mine are 1914 and 1917 but have to double check the numbers again. One was WWI issue, the other was WWII issue.

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Late 13 and through the Arsenal in the forties but I don’t have first or fifth hand info. Yours are priceless pieces that I couldn’t imagine owning something passed down so cool.