1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need a Good Powerlift Recliner For Tall Persons

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Mar 28, 2021.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a recliner with all the features I need.

Powerlift
    Infinite positions
    At least 325 lb capacity
    MUST be made for someone 78" tall or as close to that as possible
    Heat
    Massage
    Cloth upholstery

Having the chair fit a tall person is very important as I will be using it to sleep in
    quite a bit and want to be able to stretch out flat without my feet hanging way off
    of the footrest. I've had two DVTs caused by laying flat in the recliner I have now
    so if I want to sleep in it I have to do so sitting up which is also bad for me because
    I am in congestive heart failure so sleeping in that position makes my legs swell.

Hopefully, someone here will know of a chair that fills my requirements.
    TIA for any help youse guys can gimme.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mike:

If you can't find it at Lazy Boy. You may have luck at a medical device company. A quick google turned up Pride Mobility. Hope this at least gets you headed in the right direction.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

At times Medicaid/Medicare may cover the cost. Check with your doc's office. It might be a PITA though.

When my mom requested use of a walker, I just went to WM and bought one.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wayfair has some online, but I wouldn't buy anything I was going to spend much time in without a test sit. Mom had one we got a LazyBoy, but hers would NOT be suitable for someone as tall as you. They have other models.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

La-Z-Boys rock. Pricey, but you can find one that fits and they will make one in your choice of fabric.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  6. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Check out catnapper recliners. We carry lots of there lift chairs. Good price and very little issues out them.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LaZBoy is gonna be tough, they don't have a lot that is tall and they're over priced. Lane has some pretty good ones that are heavy duty and long enough but not sure on the lift. Also not easy to find Lane recliners in person to try them out which is annoying.