1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where you gonna travel to when the Wuhan flu allows you?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 23, 2021.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Do your get your “facts” from Facebook?

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm not picking a side in an internet purse fight, but I thought @tony 340 was an airline pilot.

Am I confused? Wouldn't be the first time. :D

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Gino is, don't know about Tony. All those guys with Eyetalian names type alike. Easy to be confused.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

if he is, he’s very misinformed. i’ve had both doses and the FAA let’s me continue to work.

people just “hear” shit and start spreading it like it’s fact when in reality there is no facts that back their position.

facebook news is sadly a pretty accurate assessment.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

6. turbulence

which is not the same as not letting pilots fly anymore.

you get the shot, wait 48hrs and then you’re back to work.

as an air traffic controller i fall under the same medical standards as pilots. it’s really no big deal.

shit. we are “grounded” for 48hrs after taking nyquil. in an industry where lord of lives are at stake, they err on the side of caution, and as cautious as they are, we wait a whole 48hrs and life is back to normal.

7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

IIRC, there was guidance from the FAA to Not participate in the trials.

8. turbulence

right. because again, we have to hold a medical. trials went well, we’re eligible to receive the vaccination. it’s simple third grade calculus.

if “pilots can’t fly for 48hrs after receiving a vaccine” is your reasoning for not getting a vaccine, you’re really going to find yourself in a conundrum when you find out the flight surgeon pulls our medical for 14 days if we get covid.

so you probably shouldn’t get that either.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

my buddy has been in the division of the FAA responsible for creating and putting out a policy like this if it existed, for 10 years. he said you're a fuckin idiot. (perks of living in DC i guess, right?)

does that help?

turbulence likes this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah... I heard that Thomas Jefferson said that those who believe everything they read on the internet get nookie nor pie and deserve neither.

I think it was Ben Franklin that said that, though.

All that said, I think I'ma go ahead and get the shots when my doc has them available for my age group.

I eat at Wendy's. I drink whisky. I love a Blue Bell ice cream.

The shit I willingly put into my body every day is probably way worse for me than some stupid vaccine.

Baaaaaaaaaahhhh..... baaaahhhhhhhhhhh. o_O

turbulence likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe he was thinking of Canada.
    https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/me...vaccines-aviation-medical-certificate-holders

"Transport Canada Civil Aviation Medicine does not restrict or limit aviators from taking vaccines that have been approved by Health Canada.

Transport Canada (TC) Civil Aviation Medicine (CAM), does not impose grounding periods for aviators who wish to take vaccines approved by Health Canada.

Aviators should review the Aeronautical Information Manual for more information on vaccinations.

While TC CAM places no restrictions or limitations on vaccines approved by Health Canada, it remains the general position of TC CAM that participation in medical trials is not considered compatible with aviation medical certification."

12. turbulence

ok... but we’ve made it past the trial phase.... so that no longer applies.

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Date modified:
    2020-12-10

turbulence likes this.
  14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Thailand and Portugal with my wife to see which one is most likely going to be a good fit for us as retirement destinations in 5 years.

15. turbulence

like i said.. words matter. there is a difference between a trial and the vaccine.

as someone who has taken the vaccine, works for the FAA and personally dealt with the flight surgeon, i can with 100% certainty say that any pilot that elects to get the vaccine will still be allowed to fly after 48hrs.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The vaccines are still in trials and unapproved by the FDA. When you get the vaccine you sign
    an authorization form that tells you that the FDA has not approved any COVID vaccines, they
    are being given under EUA.

A sample release form:
    https://www.wpi.edu/sites/default/f...accination Consent Form 2.17.21 NO PAGE 3.pdf

FDA EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION.png

Pepsi Drinker, YamahaRick and Phl218 like this.
  17. turbulence

weird... someone should tell that to the FAA so they can start pulling all the controller and pilot medicals who have received it.

y’all can sit here and argue with me about this all you want, but i’ve personally been through this process and i’m still cleared to work.

18. turbulence

also.. that fucking highlighted paragraph in your release form :crackup:

“The FDA has issued an emergency use authorization based on SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that the vaccine may be effective to prevent covid 19 and the benefits outweigh the risks”

thanks for proving my point.

19. turbulence

fuck man. i wouldn’t want to fly anywhere either. i can’t imagine looking out the window and seeing that the world is in fact.... round.

imagine calling all of the worlds top scientists and virologist idiots from your moms basement.

imagine looking turning on the TV to say.. yesterday's motogp race and seeing people on the other side of the globe wearing masks and thinking they’re all in on some big conspiracy to tank our economy.

imagine seeing our economy “tank” and not being willing to do your part to help things open back up and function as normal.

imagine calling yourself “pepsi drinker” and then going on a rant about a “synthetic substance” being put into your body.

imagine thinking this was put into place by some sinister organization to “control people in november” and still losing the election.

how does it feel to be this big brained?

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Big trouble buster. Wormer.jpg