1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm 5'9 and 240......you should see me on an Ohvale....seen the WTF face on pit lane more than once as I come rollin' by.
    I finish last in most of my races, but I don't care. I'm having a blast and it's good learning time to improve my riding overall.

Mini's have definitely dropped my lap times when I get back on my R1. But damn does the R1 feel like a tank in the transition.

turbulence and BigBird like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

are you running NJminiGP?

3. StaccatoFan

Yes...we run NJMiniGP from time to time. 2020 got messed up (SHOCKING I KNOW!!!) but I saw the schedule
    for 2021 last night and it looks like it overlays with my weekends with Alex quite nicely for 2021. So, we should be there quite a bit.
    It will be interesting to see how he adapts to a 110 manual from the 110 automatic.

BigBird likes this.
  4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

has anyone done the 4th bearing, and is it really beneficial?

5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

That's for the first generation, not the SF.

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

not true. there are kits for both

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

So there is. From the description, it seems to be a good idea for a more highly stressed build. But, it's only $100, so, why not. Tell us how it works out.

8. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Somebody is happy this Christmas..... hopefully she lets me ride it. Is it bad I'm already ordering parts and it doesn't even have 10 miles on it?

[​IMG]

9. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

I just got a z125 (are we allowed to mention those on the Grom thread?) and spent over $500 on parts in under 3 miles.

10. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I feel better now.

Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

having done Ohlins internals on the Z125 and Grom, i can say this: it's easier to take the forks off the Z125, but way more work to disassemble. the special tool isnt as nice as the fork tool for the Grom either

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

14. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Phl218 and NemesisR6 like this.
  15. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

:stupid:

It seems to have some nice specs, but somebody's been beating on that thing with an ugly stick!

Phl218 likes this.
  16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I like it. Because...

34D5E866-4BEA-4809-A608-EBA721DA86A4.jpeg

BigBird likes this.
  17. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

What do y'all think a bone stock yeller '15 Grom with 4600 miles is worth in CA? Well maintained, has nobbies on it. My coworker wants to sell his so he can get a new Honda Trail 125.
    I could possibly go mini racing but besides safety wire and tires, what would it "need" to get on the grid? What would you install to have the most "fun"? I have gear from trackdays so that's a start. Would probably just putt around town/neighborhood on it for now, but I know a few folks that ride cart track on em and they look like a blast!

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Definitely needs forks and shock. It's a bit of a porker though if you're going against the CRF 100 and the 125s.

~sent from mobile

19. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

a stock Z125 has been good enough for me so far and i'm 230lbs. i did do ohlins in the front though.

20. StaccatoFan

The answer is always
    Tree Fiddy

sill'r B sill'd likes this.