1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7/11 GSXR History Question

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Mar 9, 2021.

1. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Sorry, senior moment, Canet had nitrous on his 7/11.

2. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

The original 7/11 was the 1st gen yosh tornado.Then Cycleworld built the 24 hr slingshot 7/11.

Motorman Larry Brown might know something about 6 speed GSXR 1100's.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

He is working

pawpawrc likes this.
  4. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Mark I sent you a friend request on the facetubes, then I’ll get you in. Eboz is in Vietnam I think right now but he gets on sometimes to tell us about his weight loss.

RRP likes this.
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Pfffttt....bunch of no names in this thread....I raced a '92 7/11 in the mid '90's. They may have been illegal as a novice at the time. But who knew. :rolleyes: 5 spd and hydraulic clutch were the only 'obvious' visual differences to the 750.

Before the big motor went in, it had a 907 kit by RES. Blew that engine up while racing at the GAP. :)

RRP likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks Steve!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure it was Talladega and it wasn't just JU :crackup:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kurt was sponsored by Tapeworks so all of his sprint bikes were pretty pimp. Sadly that bodywork got crashed and destroyed over the following years.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, no idea sorry. Don't even remember it.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's freakin' Tray Batey! Tray! :D

Scott had Yosh equipment (and was a factory rider with them for a year or two) like someone mentioned.

He continued to race and went motogp with a Harris Yamaha in '95.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

YES!! I swear he told that story recently (I think it's actually buried in a thread here)..

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Pardon the heck out of me not short man. I’ve seen it both Tray and Trey. Wasn’t sure about the spelling when I posted that. I was pretty sure he rode one of those Team Hammer Monsters though when I did my very first Team Hammer school at Pocono in 1997. I’m on the back tri oval at about 125 and he comes by me like I am standing still. He’s got the front wheel up and is absolutely gone!!!!
    I was in awe.

13. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I've heard a story a few times about one of the fast guys crashing his 750 at Talladega and needing to borrow an exhaust from someone else. After wrestling with it a bit, apparently proclaimed that the headers were too short and it didn't fit.... You know, cause 1100 exhaust ports are higher.

418 and Shenanigans like this.
  14. Hyperdyne

What I want to know is.. Did Mongo ever find out the name of the guy who brought the mountain lion to the GNF? (You have to be really freaking old to remember this story.)

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not Mongo and I don't know the guy who brought the mountain lion to the GNF but I do know the name of the guy who brought the sandwich to the GNF.

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Well... I guess you can find anything on interwebs.

RRP likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That one was suggested when I found this little gem...

opinion914 likes this.
  19. Hyperdyne

Man all the flatslides jiggling about make it sound like a heard of dry clutches :D

speedluvn and RRP like this.
  20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Click on the video on post #38 one page back. Prime Network has some mullet flinging Iron Eagle type jams going on...lol