1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

On a separate topic and more shit for Broome to buy....I was looking at holsters the other day. Specifically drop-leg holsters and chest holsters. Obviously those wouldn't be used for conceal carry, but more for when you're out camping, hiking, and whatever other outdoorsy activity in the wilderness. Although a chest holster could be used for concealing if you're wearing some type of jacket too. Anyone have any experience with either of those types? I feel like the drop-leg holster puts the gun in the perfect position for reaching, but there are quite a few negative reviews about some of them because apparently they tend to shift around your leg sometimes. Chest holsters don't seem to be very common. Only saw about 2-3 options of those, with the one from Aliengear looking like the best option.

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I have gotten lazy .I have about 5 handguns by my lazboy loaded with lazer ammo. I have lazer targets set up around the house. The closest is about 14 feet away the farthest is about 44 feet.Drives the wife crazy. My kids are grown so I really don't have to worry about someone playing with the guns and I lock them up when Im not around.

3. Thats funny, because I do the same shit.

The wife doesn’t even ask anymore when she suddenly sees lasers popping up everywhere. :crackup:

Photo likes this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

After around 400 rounds the loader is working nicely, but 21-22 rounds is all that goes in easily. The ar-22 setup is ridiculously easy to shoot... Handed it to the wife and she hit the gong at 100 yards first try. The ar has a $30 reflex sight that is just dialed in with a bore sight in the house

Photo likes this.
  5. Tristan

Best of all, I found the cheap lrn ammo works fine in the ar. I Have 4500 rounds of the shit...

Photo likes this.
  6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

That's not to bad 21-22 rounds aren't they only 25 round magazines that came with the kit ?

7. sbk1198

what is laser ammo??

8. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

sbk1198 likes this.
  9. Tristan

Yep, 25's. Silly, there's room for a good 50 or more rounds in the ar type body.

Photo likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have a couple of the chest holsters. I used them when I lived in AK when I was hunting, hiking, fishing or snow machining around if I was carrying one of my heavier handguns. I particularly liked it for the 45LC Blackhawk. I also used one for the 1911 at times. They are the best when you want to have good access in all situations, like when you are in/on a vehicle or boat. I would for sure use one if I was out on a dirtbike, atv or SxS.

sbk1198 likes this.
  11. sbk1198

Thanks! My thought was also that they’d be better for heavier guns. I hate having one pulling down on the belt on one side all the time.

DmanSlam likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This is timely, I have a SS GP100 6" 357. My favorite revolver but it's a bit on the heavy side. Often thought about a chest holster but never quite got around to it....

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The chest holster really gives the best freedom of movement when being active. Although, I really like a vertical draw shoulder holster, too. That is what I mostly used for the 1911.

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Got my shit together and rifled through the safe for guns that had been bought but never shot. I know that is a foreign concept to most people and I am usually in that category. So I’m not real sure how this came to be but here they are and how long they’ve been waiting.
    CZ :2 weeks
    Colt 10 mm: 2yrs
    Kimber 10mm:2yrs
    Colt 45: 6yrs
    The Rock island had only a couple rounds through it so it came along. All guns worked perfectly (even the Kimber) and the funnest to shoot was also the least expensive (RI). Go figure.

Attached Files:

Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Not sure what happened to photo

Attached Files:

16. sbk1198

Is the Rock Island the railed one with the magwell?

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yep
    Shoots surprisingly well
    Feels incredible

sbk1198 likes this.
  18. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Nice!

2nd row, left -- is that the kimber or rock island? The ergos look like to provide a very steady aim.

3rd row, both -- did you put them together for a reason? which one handles better?

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Top Stainless is
    Colt 10
    Below and left is two tone Kimber 10
    Below and left is
    CZ 75 TSO (orange)
    Top right is Rock Island 9 and below that is the colt 45
    RI was the best feeling with the CZ right behind. The 10s are a handful
    The 45 was nice with probably best trigger with CZ trigger being very close

DmanSlam likes this.
  20. Jed