1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2021-3-6_9-38-7.jpeg

Only because it’s @Gorilla George:Poke:

Gorilla George and sbk1198 like this.
  2. speedluvn

On another note, I found my S&W Pro on gun brokerage. It was shipped on 2/21/21 by, wait for it . . . the USPS! According to the tracking number, it sat at some postal location from 2/27/21 until this morning. Who sends anything that they want delivered in a timely manner by USPS?

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I ordered a shell holder from Midway...a fuckin shell holder which fits in about the smallest envelope you can get....shipped out on 2/17 then on 2/23 it shows it was transferred from UPS to USPS for whatever reason, and then that's the end of that. No updates since the 23rd and I still don't have it. Fuckin USPS!

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

It's also not legal to ship a handgun ( assuming S&W pro is a handgun) via USPS.

5. Steak Travis

Midway uses UPS mail innovations for free shipping. UPS delivers to some USPS facility to make final delivery. It may take a week or so to deliver. It sucks

6. speedluvn

Yes it is.
    That crossed my mind when I saw that it shipped by the seller. With shippers using one another to lower cost does that still apply?

7. Well shit. Yep, it’s happening.

sbk1198 likes this.
  8. No shit.

That pre-cut slide I ordered for the G17 was shipped USPS.

It took it almost 2 weeks to get there, and the tracking info was never updated from “Shipping label created”.

The status stayed like that all the way until it showed up at my house.

9. Steak Travis

If it’s licensee to licensee yeah usps is fine . But yeah you are right . Usps is slow as crap right now and I wouldn’t expect a dealer to use them hah

Photo likes this.
  10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Two thumbs up on this post. I have stashes of guns and ammo "everywhere". My youngest is put through HD drills to reinforce not only skills but memory of stashed locations. Sometimes I come home, announce "it's Dad" and throw the young-un in emergency drill mode by telling her to find stash A on 'floor X' or 'room X'. But not to load it, ever. Preparation and practice are everything, is what I'm saying. Has nothing to do with a loader, per se but, if you're loading/unloading multi magazines, it is WHY you want a loader.

11. sbk1198

Well it sure isn't very innovating....i'm at 2.5 weeks so far. And I paid for shipping. Hell, the shipping was almost the same price as the part! lol

12. We don’t have kids in the house, but the wife knows where they are and she won’t touch them.

She did one time not long after we got married. We had talked about it, but it didn’t “sink in” I guess.

She was cleaning and took the one off my side table (beside the bed) and put it down in the drawer.

The worst part was that she didn’t tell me about it.

I told her to never touch one. If she needs it moved, tell me. Or at least let me know about it.

1. They are all chambered. Most don’t have safeties, the ones that do, aren’t utilized.

2. It might seem they are “random”, but I know exactly where each one is, and it is even laying/sitting in a certain manner. I could enter the house and go grab every one of them, eyes closed.

I would hate for something to happen, I reach for one, and it isn’t there.

DmanSlam likes this.
  13. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Any one use the ASAP by butler creek? I’ve had 4... no shit 4 Mag Pumps. Utter garbage. I tried every type of 5.56 in them in an effort to get them to work. Even sent 2 back with my exact ammo... still wouldn’t work. My buddy runs a helicopter gun range and he uses the butler creek but I keep meaning to ask him if it’s worth the money.

14. DmanSlam

Having a loader will make you want to buy more magazines. Yep...

First time I used my loader at the gun range, it got quiet for a spell. Not because I looked so impressive to onlookers with the speed of loading my magazines... :)

but when I stepped back from my lane divider (to see into the other lanes), I saw a few were loading magazines by hand. Money well spent, me thinks.

sbk1198 likes this.
  15. DmanSlam

Laughing a bit at this. Yeah, I know what you mean though and I guess I'm not the only one. Not being told where it is and, maybe, not treated it like it is loaded. A handgun was "moved" and my GF at the time thought it was "no big deal" when I told her it wasn't laying right. Fumbling is what you do for pocket change and laundry.

16. sbk1198

That ASAP seems to be similar to the Maglula except it also has a piece that pushes the round in. Looks like it would work pretty nice. But are you talking about the electronic loaders from Butler Creek? The one that costs like $250?

17. Exactly. :D

The wife won’t even get near them now. She knows I can tell if they have just been bumped, and rotated a cunt hair. :crackup:

18. sbk1198

Yep. And it helps when you're at a range where you have to pay by the hour or 1/2 hour. Early on I used to always be stressed out about wasting time cuz I didn't want to pay for more range time just because I'm wasting like 2/3 of the time with the reloads lol Last time I went to the indoor range, I shot 100 rounds of .45 using only two 8-rd mags in a total of about 15 minutes.

DmanSlam likes this.
  19. Damn that’s awesome.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Red or blonde ??