1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

So will it be televised/streamed or what?

2. Which is EXACTLY my godamn point. FFS. Thank you for finally seeing it, and stating it for me again.

Not once did i ever say they are "physically incapable of". It is highly likely that if they have/would put their attention and efforts into circuit racing, they would probably be just as successful at it.

As I have stated at least 3 times now, it is a different specialty. Just because someone is capable of running up front at one, it doesnt mean they are automatically going to run up front in the other. That does not mean they are physically incapable of doing so; it means that isnt the particular format they chose to apply their efforts. And there is nothing with that.

It would be like saying a Long Drive Champion probably wouldnt crack the top 15 in a PGA tour event. Or how Ricky Gadson probably wouldnt crack the top 15 in an AMA race. That is not a slight on them; it is just pointing out they are good at what they do, because that is where they put their time and effort. But being good at their chosen specialty doesnt automatically make them good at another specialty...even though it uses the same equipment.

3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

What is this I see??? Chris Broome maintaining a semi-calm ( yet still verbose) tone and similar response?

Is this a kinder/gentler Brooome???

Let's find out....White wheels are superior to black wheels...

:D

stk0308 and Quicktoy like this.
  5. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I'm just hanging out.
    I have #45 on my Zuma

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

7. jdmosley43

jdmosley43 Well-Known Member

I never quoted you saying "physically incapable" but ok?

I quoted exactly what you typed.

The difference is this:

Real road racers cannot crash.
    Short circuit racers must crash.

That's the only difference in the two sports, but a big one.

So to sit online and talk about this guy vs that guys capabilities is downright laughable... McPints bsb results are completely irrelevant.. all the bsb/tt debating is irrelevant. Hickey wins BOTH.

I've got a bit more data to pull from before you get too bent here... not trying to be a dick but it does come out quite naturally when I see an off base post like that discrediting an entire grid of IMO the baddest dudes in sport, when you don't have any real info to base this attack on beyond speculation.

Truth is, you would have been correct 15 years ago. But guys are figuring out some things through the fast corners with inertia that you simply don't see in short circuits.... and I'll just leave it at that.

8. Once again, it wasnt an attack or any attempt to discredit him (or them) in any way. Here, since you apparently missed this one (or are choosing to ignore it), i will quote my own post:

9. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

i didn’t do a ton of research. Just saw that he got 20th and 22nd at a bsb stock 1000 race last year.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...-race-results-and-report-from-donington-park/

418 and jdmosley43 like this.
  10. jdmosley43

I'm not gonna comment on your intentions man just what I read... that's all dandy but this is where I saw the problem:

It's literally the exact same set of skills. Like riding a bike......

11. jdmosley43

And as far as that debate goes... if we're having fun speculating here.. I bet if you put the TT course out in the desert with no walls, Valentino and his crew wouldn't touch Hickey's record over a 2 day test...:Pop:

12. jdmosley43

And man I can't even figure out quotes on here but this bit:

"Being able to win at one specific format doesn’t automatically mean someone can win at the other"

Also short selling the TT paddock here by a long shot. You're just not gonna win the TT anymore without being a guy capable of also winning BSB. The TT has evolved extremely in the last 10-15 years. This cannot be overstated.

13. That is probably true. You must have also missed the part where i said "it goes both ways".

14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Yea, guys who run the tour de france can definitely compete with downhill mountain bike racers... it's just riding a bike :rolleyes::crackup::moon:

15. jdmosley43

They're doing 85mph downhill in spandex at the tour.. I'm sure if those guys went the downhill mtb route they'd be just fine...

but that has nothing to do with an argument about racing the exact same bikes on the exact same surface......

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  16. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Dumb question maybe but how many classes can an individual enter in any given year at the Isle of Mann TT?

17. jdmosley43

5 different classes plus the Senior TT... and the sidecars..!

18. 418

418 Expert #59

19. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

G8rDuc, scottn, Chino52405 and 2 others like this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

well... do tell... how slow was he?

mpusch likes this.