1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

oh snap! Corey's already got the new ZX10RR, I can definitely see him running the HONOS banner for SSTK1000 and SBK Cup.

2. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

So given the fact that there are already more deserving riders than seats to be had in MA, where is a kid like this going to go...?

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/gabriel-da-silva-wins-three-fmrra-races/

I've seen him run the table on a WERA weekend, get awarded the Nicky Hayden Horizon Award from the AMA in Roadracing, go head to head with the likes of Mesa already at Barber and turn mid 12's at Roebling running in 1000cc races on his ancient R6, but I am not sure what's next. Top 5 finishes in MA Supersport seems within reach, but at 17 is that the class to debut in as a privateer?

I am ancient and been around this a loooooong time, but I am impressed by this one. Not his speed. Mostly because at 17, I think he is one of the smartest riders on the track.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What I'm curious about is didn't a certain person that likes to sue people hand him a new r6 last year? What happened there?

Circacee likes this.
  4. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

I believe so, but as of last weekend he's still riding the wheels of his old R6 and I hadn't seen that person in his sponsor list. Not sure what happened...

5. noles19

That's kinda what I was thinking,it's happened 5 or so time's with that person so I'm not shocked if it didn't hold up

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

His so called sponsor, pulled another fast like he did on a twins cup rider and posted on his Facebook he would no longer be supporting Gabriel.

Kid is really fast and hopefully gets a chance.

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well like many kids before him......wherever his parents money will pay to take him. I never had enough money to buy Tyler a ride, so I used what I could steal out of my small forklift repair business and then had some people help out. I remember our first AMA weekend, an anonymous person paid for a few sets of tires for us and wouldn’t tell us who he was.

I was so thankful and found out who did it 3-4 years later. That’s why I’ve bought a few other racers from here sets of tires. I just remember how touched I was by his gesture and how much it really helped.

Best wishes to this rider for having the skill and luck to find a sugar daddy.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

DaSilva is fast, so is Christian Miranda, and many others who have shown promise, but struggle to get there. I've mentioned Mesa many times on here, of course I'm biased, but here's a guy who has won races at the highest level, and still is out there on his own.

Sucks about Dumas, the winter after he won the Twins Cup championship, he moved to CA in their big RV so he could ride and train all winter. That was of course when they could travel back and forth to Canada. The Covid stuff up there is incredibly tight, so I don't doubt what they are saying. How can you plan / budget for a season with no end to restrictions in sight?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's going to run club races and keep building his talent and connections and possibly run some MA later this year. Right now though he needs to build those connections and keep kicking ass and not go broke chasing the pro stuff. Totally with you on being impressed.

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That person got pissed at him accepting a sponsorship from a company not owned by that persons friend and tried to take the bike back via FB messenger (that way the posts can be deleted if you don't screen shot them) during the Talladega weekend. Seems to have backed down when he realized just how bad it would make him look but that is purely a guess, may have been talked down by others or realized they'd fight him just like we are. Plan to see what he'll say in a deposition coming up soon since it's the same thing he did that I talked about and got sued for...

11. noles19

Gotcha, it's definitely for the best in the long run

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is "that person" still running his race series this year? Haven't heard much about it, but this latest reminder of his general approach to life made me wonder.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely. We stay out of any interactions between riders and potential sponsors but it sucks to see them being upset because of an asshole flipping out and threatening them with lawsuits or trying to take a bike away from them.

No clue, don't care what he does it'll have no effect on us. He is delusional to keep telling people he's going to own WERA though. I think he even threatened to not let Gabriel race when he does own it :crackup:

RRP likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That's just plain scary. Now, I can say I am accustomed to this type of behavior - but it's with children between the ages of 14-18. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Certain parts of dealing with the lawsuit have indeed been hilarious :D

RRP likes this.
  16. noles19

I don't see it on his schedule amymore

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But he's going to rule the world and do it better than anyone else, it must be there!

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What's the whispers with SDK? I know he wadded up an M4 600 at chuckwalla last month. Maybe they're restructuring his contract after that.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

With Bikeweek and the 200 being the "official" start to roadracing around here I would expect JU to announce it at Daytona

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, it used to be, not so much anymore.

Don't ya' know, it's a giant club race. :D

kirk erlinger likes this.