1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whiskey Prices WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Went to my local liquor store and they stock a good variety of various whiskeys.

I was browsing and the prices are wtf ridiculous! Eagle rare 750ml $70, used to be $25

Blantons $110, was $60 not too long ago!!

Weller red $200, green $260.

Am I losing my mind and these prices are crazy or am I just entering middle age old man yells at clouds part of my life?

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Scalping in a unregulated state?
    Secondary market in many places is very active.

Makes keeping a Pair and a Spare difficult.... and expensive

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The cheapish bourbon I drink as a regular went up a couple bucks, but nothing crazy like you're reporting. I chalked it up to possible supply decline and added consumption both due to Kung Flu. What state are you in?

4. Dave_SV

I've heard about speculators driving up prices but some of these bottles aren't all that rare.

Bunch of jerks, just drink it like the rest of us!

jd41 likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Get you a nice ounce of OG Kush and don’t sweat those alcohol prices anymore.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Welcome

Dave_SV likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

scottn, rd400racer, 969 and 3 others like this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Interesting that you bring this subject up and mention those bourbons because I just got a deal at our bar where if we order a case of Buffalo Trace every couple weeks and Eagle Rare once in a while, they’ll give us some Blanton’s whenever they get an allocation. Not only are all three really good whiskey but you can charge quite a bit for them and they’re easy to sell. I’m just trying to figure out what to charge. Wholesale prices are super cheap compared to those numbers btw.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Distilleries are making hand sanitizer.

969 and Quicktoy like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Skrewball...peanut butter whiskey with a raspberry like Chambord....PBnJ shots...people love them

11. R1Racer99

Yeah Skrewball is tasty. People that haven’t had it always think it’s going to be gross and when you give them a sample they always love it.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Dave_SV

The curse of 2020 continues

Dude I think my relationship with shots is long gone

rcarson15 likes this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

All prices are going up.

All my suppliers have hit me with price increases.....which gives me leverage to raise mine also.

14. Dave_SV

Huh that is interesting. Buffalo trace is under lock and key at the other store, I literally did a double take when I saw that

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

just a different way to enjoy it with others. can easily make a nice drink, boomer style, with Skrewball and Chambord

16. Dave_SV

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here, sharing top shelf with house guests. You get the seagrams and you like it!

Ducti89, JJJerry and BigBird like this.
  17. R1Racer99

Yeah I wonder if they’re trying to do the same thing they did with Blanton’s or if they just didn’t make enough or what. We’re paying $18 a bottle, I’m going to batch old fashioneds with it and sell a shit ton for $12 a piece.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

you the one buying $70 bottles :p

Dave_SV likes this.
  19. Dave_SV

I will pay you double per bottle plus shipping and still make a killing up here

20. Dave_SV

Who said I bought any of it?? :D

BigBird likes this.