1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody gonna be there from the board, watching,working?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im convinced you have to do at least 18 laps per stop... if you have to the fuel mileage to go 20... even better. If the pace is 1:50ish... that outlap is going to be a 2:20 at best. And the other nugget... brake pad compound.
    A 30 second pit stop (fuel & both tires) is enough time for a certain carbon pad to cool and require the pads to be drug 1/2 a lap to get up to temp. I still giggle about some part timers like us using standard pit stands as a quick change setup and
    cracking a top 10 and finishing on the lead lap.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Yep

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’ll get a pic if I can livestream it while on the Hike.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep, then throw in a red flag say at lap 7. And when are you going change the front tire? Then since there's a red flag somewhere in there do you try to squeeze the next stop out to 20? So if Michael has a UK crew they may get all twisted up trying to figure shit out.
    And I expect the pace up front is going to be 49s and low 50s and someone may put up a couple of high 48s at some point.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yah... the top 10 maybe even 15 HAVE to change the front on a pit. Especially at 1:50s and faster. 48s near the end of the race would be awesome!
    Like I said its well within the realm of possible to dump 4+ gallons of fuel ($120 worth of MR12) and swap 2 tires ($500) out in 30 seconds with standard pitbulls. (& Fast Franks QC stuff) :D

Gino230 and grasshopper like this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep everyone gets twisted about pit stops and changing tires and thinks it can't be done fast unless you spend mega bucks. Hell 25 years ago the top supersport teams in WERA endurance could do exactly that without pitbulls and fast frank stuff and even a bit faster.

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Cool. What team/rider I will try and find you.

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

anyone got a link as to where we're watching it?

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Last I read, they are still trying to put something together. Looking unlikely it will be televised at all outside of maybe a good sport on site streaming it on FB or something. Fanschoice got bought up by NBC and they're covering the AFT, but not Daytona as of yet.

11. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

So what's the deal if you just wanted to turn and watch the race? Can barely find out anything online that this is even happening?

I booked the 12th off work on the off chance I decided go check it out.

I'm in N.C it's about 500 miles each way, ride down Friday, watch race and ride back Sunday. Is anyone going to just spectate?

Do we know who is actually going to show up to race?

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm down there. I fly down this Saturday, so I'll be slumming at the Sea Dunes with the "family" a few days, networking at the Daytona 200 Memorial on Wednesday. Fridays and Saturday at the track getting some pictures of the Loudon peeps for the NEMRR Facebook page and other media.

[​IMG]

13. Hence my comment of “with a few exceptions”. Those guys obviously fall into that.

I didn’t say “they won’t” or “they can’t”, but it isn’t the “rule”. Just because someone is fast on the roads, that doesn’t necessarily mean they will run up front on a track.

Robin172 likes this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Mark your calendars bitches! This year the coleslaw wrestling at the Cabbage Patch is at noon on Wed. March 10 or Sat. March 13th. But y'all better be at the speedway on Saturday!
    www.cabbagepatchbar.com

Triple X and TurboBlew like this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Once again...fuckin' "A".

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Well NBC sports gold has it listed to air https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/2021-03-13

upload_2021-3-4_15-11-57.png

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

This isn't big time supercross. No peacocks in this funny farm

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Read the shirt.....

[​IMG]

20. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

There was a shirt in that Picture? Didn't notice.