1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All New Scorpion EXO-R1 Air Helmet In Stock Now

Discussion in 'Sportbike Track Gear' started by Sportbike Track Gear, Feb 6, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Got a second one to use for the street. LOVE this helmet..thanks Jimmy!

jasonhise likes this.
  2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

How good are the Pinlocks for the rain? I currently use an Exo-410 and when I learned that I could lock the visor cracked open it was a Eureka moment. Never had any fog issues once I learned that.

3. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Revise this thread to say, DAMN!

I messaged about a price for the R1 and let me just tell you all, I was shocked. Thanks stg for the quick response and member discount. You guys and gals continue to win our business over and over again with this great customer service. Please keep it up and we'll keep singing your praises.

If you need new gear, message them. You might just be shocked by the price as well.

Thank you again.

PPPope and chevibubba like this.
  4. DaveEss

DaveEss Well-Known Member

Hey do you have a release date and pricing on the carbon models yet?

Sportbike Track Gear likes this.
  5. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

Currently looking like June 2021 for the carbon model!

6. DaveEss

DaveEss Well-Known Member

Ok thank you!

7. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Curious if you have any of the Quartararo replicas left, Sz. SM....

8. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

Unfortunately those are gone for good :(

jasonhise likes this.
  9. freezinvt

freezinvt Well-Known Member

Just ordered one of these in flat black. First experience with STG and it was great. Awesome price on the helmet and a super easy transaction. Thanks Jimmy!

Sportbike Track Gear likes this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I just got a Corpus Phantom in XL. Manuf date is 10/2020.

My lasy couple helmets were lower end Bell's in XL. The fit seems pretty close between the Scorpion and Bell.

11. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing fogging and a hazy tinted shield out of the box?

Not to piss anyone off. Jimmy gave me an awesome price. This is not directed at stg.

I have a scorpion from 2012 and those shields still don't fog under any circumstances. The vision was way clearer in those visors as well. My R1 tinted shield in non direct sunlight is clearish for vision, but in direct sunlight it has a haze. The haze isn't blurry, just takes away clarity.
    Has anyone else experienced this? I've cleaned it, trust me.
    Hazy out of box, hazy after cleaning. No change.
    The shields (clear & tinted) fog terribly. Did scorpion change their coating over the years? I can breath heavy fog breath on the 9 year old shield, no fog, new shield fogs bad. Any moisture in cool air, instant fog.

Anyway, I mainly bought the scorpion bc the shields used to never fog. I contacted scorpion no response.

Anyone else feel the new shield coating and clarity is not good as the past?

12. Maxtrap

Maxtrap Well known member

I sanded my X-14 down pretty good last month and bought an R1 Air to wear around the house while my bones heal. The medium R1 Air seems to be the same fit as the medium X-14. The blue visor I bought is not pinlock; not sure you can get pinlock in those colors, yet. The included smoke visor is pinlock and looks like it would work for sunny days. I like this helmet, and mine was built in 2022, so it should pass tech for awhile. Visors switch easily like the X-14. Go Max, Go.

13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Will y'all be carrying the R1 EVO? or is that a EU type helmet? Thanks!