1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Gloves?

Discussion in 'General' started by tophyr, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ive had a good experience with the rs taichi line.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

well congrats on the D200 entry!

tophyr likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All time favorites? Perrons, after you pissed on the palms and wore them for a few weekends.

Second favorites? Kushitans (those weird two piece ones).

Third? Anything RS Taichi.

4. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

+1 for Knox Handroids

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Get something with palm sliders at a minimum.
    I'd recommend the new rs taichi gloves

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I liked how handroids felt like they were ON. Stopped using them due to the little things on the back touching lever when braking.

I’m in Dainese titanium thingers now. They seem fine. Haven’t crashed them.

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with A* GP-Pro.

Like the palm feel (kangaroo) and the pinky attached to its brother :)

Rising Sun and R1Racer99 like this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Same here, GP Pros have always held up for me and the size I get always fits perfectly so I’ve never felt the need to change. With all the Held recommendations I’m curious if anyone has tried them and GP Pros and if the Held are that much better.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Heroic.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I had a pair of GP Pro's that were never that comfortable and wore out quite quickly. But, I also did a lot of street riding at the time (probably got them wet) and I think that escalated the wear. Anyhow, I was broke-ish at the time and when a $180 glove wore out I was pretty bummed.

I bought a pair of Held Phantoms from a buddy that had a few crashes from him. They were immediately more comfortable to me, and lasted for many more years/races/crashes. I didn't really ever ride with them on the street. Even with all of the crashes, the only thing to fail on them was the thumb wearing out.

All that said, my cheap ass didn't want to spend the money on a set of racer gloves, so I bought a set of Spidi's a couple years ago when I was refurbishing my racing gear collection that all seemed to wear out at the same time. They were around $70-$100 after discount from STG and are super comfortable. They've also probably held up to the greatest number of crashes, but all at <30 mph. I've been using them for indoor XR50 trackdays on go kart tracks in the winter. :D

R1Racer99 likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Favorite gloves ever were the Cortech Adrenaline. Not sure what they have now, but those gloves fit, like well a glove. I've had Handroids, GP-Pro, Dainese, RS Taichi, but nothing felt as good as those Cortechs, and I went down a bunch in them.

~sent from mobile

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Held. I don't even notice them, ever, which is good. Not cheap though.

cav115 likes this.
  13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

HELD FROM SPORTBIKRTRACK GEAR

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nobody in the US carries Held gloves anymore. That’s the sad part.

R/T Performance likes this.
  15. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I wore HELD for years and my hands would always hurt. I thought my hands were the problem until I got some RS Taichi.

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Another vote for Held. I bought a pair of Titans in 2011, and still have them today. Still in great shape.

I love the GP-Pro's for feel/comfort/cooling, but I seem to wear them out very fast. I wear those on the street these days.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I tried RS TaiChi as I love the RS TiaChi suit. I have also tried Racer on STG comparison recommendation. I liked the feel of both gloves better than the Helds, but both had seams come apart in less than a season, and no crashes. No way I could trust those seams in a crash after that. Never anything but Held as long as I can get Held. They last me at least 4 seasons using them for both street and track.

I ordered my Held gloves from FC Moto Germany. Pricing cheaper than anything I ever saw in the US for Held including shipping. Shipping cost and time were reasonable as well (pre-Covid, so could have changed). Not going to work if you need next day shipping, but should be fine if you are a couple weeks out.

18. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

You and I like the same brands as I own both Taichi (GP-Evo) and Racer (High Speed) gloves bc they are the only brands that fit my weird shaped hands. I’ve had the Taichi for 3 seasons as back ups, and I’m on my 2nd pair of Racer gloves. First pair held up to 3 low sides and the new pair is two seasons old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Well, shit.

20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Any gloves that I like all have the Kangaroo palms. For whatever reason they lasted longer and had better feel than cow leather. The current pair is Sedici and I believe they have kangaroo, as they are supple and have decent feel. I borrowed a pair of some really expensive gloves a couple of years ago that have Kangaroo palms, but I van't remember the brand or model. Suffice to say that Kangaroo palms work for me, regardless of brand.