1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kidney stones?

Discussion in 'General' started by madkaw, Oct 30, 2015.

1. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

Flomax every day tramadol or vikes for pain . and unless I'm in a lot of pain I will pass it. had too many cystos screw the doc. always wants to go get it. female friend had one said it was worse than child birth.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

after reading this thread, I think i drank about 4 gallons of water today. Thanks for the PSA

madkaw likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Those are only recommended things. If eating red meat, drinking soda and not drinking enough water was a guaranteed way to get stones then I'd be full of them.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

All these posts about how bad kidney stones hurt... Kidney stones go about an 8 on the chart.

2nd degree burn debridement on the face, neck, and especially that little cup formed by your collarbone: THAT is a 10.

[​IMG]

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Just had my first one a few months back. Goddamn that hurt. Luckily it passed in about 30 minutes. Woke up in the middle of the night and had quite an ache in my back and thought I slept funny on it, stretched out a bit and tried to sleep again, NOPE. Pain started moving and I immediately thought I might have a stone because of that. Crawled around the house trying not to wake up my child and wife. What a trip. I hope I don't have that shit ever again. Worst part was it felt like a boulder and was only a little speck.

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I didn't read the previous posts but I was at the ER two weeks ago for my 3rd big one at 39. This one was only a 4.5, the other two have been 5.0 (mm i assume).

This one was far worse than the previous two. Lots of pain, lots of vomiting and lots of pain killers. Good thing is the ER staff figured out quick once I got in there I wasn't after meds but asked for IV fluids so I could pee they didn't shy on the pain killers once the doc said ok.

Took my about 10 days to pass it but now I'm good until the next one.

I don't wish KS on anyone, well, maybe @Fencer's ex, she sounds like a bitch.

Phl218, renegade17 and Fencer like this.
  7. BrianC636

Well, back at it again. I’ve been battling another stone since November and a trip to the ER 2 weeks ago confirmed a 7mm stone.

I get to go in on Tuesday for laser treatment to bust it up so I can pass it. I’m not looking forward to having something shoved up my manhood but if it makes the pain subside I suppose it’ll be worth it.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

you need to change your diet. now. before one of those kills you.

the acidification of your body from food results in calcium being washed out and going through your kidneys and forming stones there.
    in addition to that. all those foods are not great for you in the first place. so it serves a dual purpose.

tons of info out there...

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My wife is prone to producing stones. She started taking additional vitamin D for the immunity benefits...found out one stone later that it helps the body absorb more calcium. Whoops.

11. BrianC636

That’s the weird thing, I do watch what I eat for the most part.

The last few have been calcium based. I don’t drink milk but like cheese however outside of that, I don’t love a ton of dairy stuff. My red meat intake is limited as well.

I’ll see what it’s made up this time and adjust from there. I do need to drink more water for sure which would help. I’ve had them since I was in my early 20’s and my mother was prone to them also. Genetics isn’t helping me out on this one either.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

BrianC636 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Calcium doesn't helps but there are lots of other factors, Evelyne was a combo of tea and dehydration. Now it's just dehydration...hard to get her to drink more water.

14. BrianC636

This is what I’m thinking they’ll tell me. Drink more water.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't do it...fish poop in that stuff.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

17. auminer

I make coffee with water.

Good enough.

18. BrianC636

What about if we use it to turn to steam and use that steam to distill whiskey?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Had about 18 years ago staying in a hotel with my wife waiting to move into our home woke up at 5 a.m. stood up and hit the deck.
    I don't even remember how my poor wife got me into the car.
    I threw up twice out the window on the way to the hospital I was pretty delirious I must say the pain was pretty severe..worst I've ever experienced , it was totslly incapacitating... :(:eek:

I couldn't move. I was absolutely buckled on the ground, I had no idea what it was ? I was scared of the uncertainty of not knowing what the fuck was wrong that didn't help all!! And my wife was scared which upset me immensely.

I remember going to the hospital... Fading in and out and then a nurse told me it's kidney stones, drugs & ultrasonic blast of something then painfully peeed out fragments into a strainer over a few days.

Well over a decade ago I went had a kidney check-up they said I had one or two that I needed to take care of immediately !

They wanted to blast them as well after that agonizing first ordeal....
    I said fuck that!!!

I've NEVER been back ..no way man... I don't want to go through that again and I don't want to pee acid....GOD NO , BO WAY MAN!

"Knock on wood" I've never had any pain or discomfort..IMO I think they were just trying to get some money they saw a perfect opportunity to make $$$$$
    Could be wrong but I think many people probably have them and don't even know it.

Better not go ave F-ing cursed myself with this statement...lolo_O

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  20. auminer

Said it before... everyone saying this is the worst pain they've ever experienced better hope they never have the pleasure of experiencing treatment of large-scale second degree burns.

Every day, sitting in a hottub getting your burns scrubbed with a plastic brillo pad.

Kidney stones go maaaaaaaybe 7 out of 10 in comparison. :(