Duc 750 ???

Discussion in 'General' started by black&blue, Jun 10, 2004.

1. black&blue

black&blue Broken Member

Hello all, I'm suffering from empty nest syndrome, being as my garage has recently been relieved of SV storage duties, and it gets me thinking. I need a project or something hanging over my head to stress me out, I mean make me happy. I'm thinking about going with a different kind of bike this time. Soooo....

You guys that race SS750's, what kind of weight have you got them down to, and how much fork work have you done? Any major problems you've run into? Has anyone started with a Monster frame?

Just currious, I work at a Duc dealership so I kick around building one of these or a HWT bike from time to time. Later!

Brian

P.S. My pumped up '99 750SS street bike is WAY COOLER than any junk SV!!! JLAW, your racing a Duc next year bitch!:beer:

2. black&blue

black&blue Broken Member

Come on now, I gotta feed the monkey! I know those things are out there!

Brian

3. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Well, most of the people that race the 750SS's, myself included, keep them pretty close to stock so we can race clubman.

The weight? I'd guess around 400lbs wet. Not much you can do to them other than remove those 20lbs ballasts Ducati calls exhaust pipes. I imagine removing the lights and stock bodywork helped a bit but not too much.

I use stock forks, I'm sure they could be better but I haven't had any issues with them yet, they're pretty stiff from the factory. :) I know a few guys last year that replaced them with some from 900SS's b/c they have preload/compression/damping adjusters.

I've run into no major problems, 22K miles and only a few little glitches here and there.

4. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Mine has an ohlins rear and traxxion reworked front end...unbelievable stuff... You will NEVER be able to compete with an SV...Unless you maybe sleeve down a 900....I am considering SBing an engine and tearing up DSS, but the clubman class is gonna be tough to walk away from...great guys... great racing...