1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trick Yamaha FZ600 V5 Racebike/Part out/East Coast/Delivery

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by SpeedWerks Racing, Oct 9, 2013.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Kurt Kesler bought that bike. Not sure what's happened to it since his passing.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yes....An RD350 guy bought it. He was at Roebling with AHRMA last weekend, but didnt have Kurts bike......the buyers name is Kurt as well, #636 I think. I'm unsure if he still owns it.

He knows of the bikes history with kesler.

Let me see what I can come up with.

RIP Kurt. What a great dude. I was at GNF pit in holding a bike for someone back to back when Kurt came off the track after winning V5. He stopped. We hollered!.....to say he was happy was an understatement.

3. CharlieY

OK, correction on the guys number. #936, Kurt Hoff, runs Formula500 in AHRMA. I've seen him at WERA events as well, same bike, pictured below.....he made the calendar, nice shot. We've commented back and forth a couple times, seems like a nice guy.

It didnt look like he had the bike at Roebling, I didnt see it.....he did have the same pictured RD there.

Attached Files:

Jeff McKinney likes this.

#156 Well-Known Member

Hey, i was at ahrma. Where were you pitted ? I was with steve-o . Would have liked to talk to ya again.

5. CharlieY

Well crap man!....Sorry I missed ya Wayne!......I saw Steve-O at a riders meeting and said hello. I didnt catch him in the pits.

I was pitted near the old bathrooms and concession stand.

Sorry I missed ya my friend!

It was my first time back in several years.....It was good to see folks.

Next time man!.....I'm running a silver CB350 in Formula 250.....# 789 (798 was taken)

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Got a call outta the blue from a guy in NYC looking to build a nice FZ600 racebike.
    I said "I may know where one is sitting in a basement, but it's a touchy situation."
    Took his number,, Then asked his name,,,when he said "Kurt"..... I just gave him Kurt's wife number and said call this girl,,, It was meant to be...
    Still has the "Kurt" sticker on the screen,,Kurt is still riding it,,,just a different number,,,,,

G2G, 418 and Jeff McKinney like this.
  7. yamatr3

yamatr3 Well-Known Member

Just so you know, if a number is taken with AHRMA, you can still use that same number but with a suffix. For example, my number is 81t.

8. CharlieY

I noticed the Kurt on the screen and got chills.

Beautiful bike. I remember Kurt being proud of it after everything got flushed out on it. It was (is) a sweet bike.....Honestly stating it was one of the very few in-line four cylinder bikes I would ever own.

Thanx, I thought about that and have used a letter previously. Cindy Cowell gave me 2R one year......with a 3 digit number, IMO a letter was just too much. Ill give it a year and see what happens.