1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They Saved Baarack!

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 24, 2021.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ok so Broome may only be able to afford 9 of them... which will actually be 8 because he can't have an odd number.

Robin172 and Phl218 like this.
  2. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I can understand and appreciate the sentiment of adopting vs paying a ton of money for a doodle but those talking smack about them because they're very popular can stfu. My goldendoodle is a great dog. He can certainly be mischievous but he is incredibly smart and obedient when he knows I'm serious.

Btw they are not guaranteed to be non-shedding. Mine sheds like a motorcycle because he got the retriever genes but I think they are still pretty hypoallergenic because it's the dander that causes allergies.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Who talked shit about them? A few merely pointed out that adoption saves a life. HTFU

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The neighbor next door is on their second labradoodle. The first one got cancer after 10 years, and they now have a second who is about 4-5 years old. I don't know if its the breeder they use or what, but these two are the most yappy dogs I've ever experienced. They both bark. Constantly. Incessantly. They both wanted to play, but only with other dogs. They won't play fetch or any other typical dog-human games.

Two doors over lived a wonderful golden lab. She would come over and bring her ball to play whenever I was in the back yard. She and her owner were away for work 3 years, then returned, and when the dog saw me she was so happy to see me again. That beautiful dog passed away about 5 years ago, and I still miss Peaches.

I'll take a lab over a labradoodle any day. Just shampoo the dog weekly.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I've always had shepherd dominant mutts and can't convince myself to stray. The guy in my profile is from a rescued mother found emaciated and abandoned (and pregnant) and was the best dog I could have imagined. Had to put him down a couple years ago after a stroke and haven't been able (mentally) to replace him yet.

Sabre699, dobr24 and BigBird like this.
  6. LossPrev

"Annoying as hell", "I've never seen one of those bastards walking", "the guy who invented them said it's the worst mistake of his life" all seem like talking shit to me man.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

So you like the stock dog

badmoon692008 and auminer like this.
  8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Spitfire would flip you off, he hates everyone except a very tiny list that is really tough to get on :beer: The Sheltie I lost loved catching frisbees so much he wore his back teeth down on them (had to switch to tennis balls)

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Motorcycles shed?

10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Ever heard of a yard sale? :D

Ducti89, Slider82 and beac83 like this.
  11. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Here. I’ll play. Annoying, I said it and yes maybe the dogs are a bit annoying at times because they’ve become the keto, CrossFit, dog of America if you can understand what I mean. Annoying is subjective like how big is big.

So on to your next point.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/us/labradoodle-creator-regret.amp.html?0p19G=2103

Btw- I know someone that “trains “” these as “service dogs” . I’ve seen more dobermans and German shepherds get through the program. The program is for dogs to smell when the patients blood sugar levels drop too much, mainly for kids and sports and the dog sits on the sidelines. Will only react if they sense the sugar levels dropping too much and the coach will pull the kid. It’s remarkable to watch.

casjoker and Phl218 like this.
  12. LossPrev

I typed mofo but I guess my phone doesn't like that, didn't catch the autocorrect

13. Reason #18,624 why dogs are better than people.

Ducti89, beac83, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  14. LossPrev

I just don't like generalizing things, dogs even more so. This is the same kind of thing that happens to Pitbulls albeit that often ends with a more extreme opinion of "they should be euthanized and made illegal"

I can understand thinking it's dumb that some people get them because they're "cool" or "in". Thats a terrible reason to get a pet.

15. Slider82

If your dog starts shedding big parts like that you better get him to a vet!

16. Slider82

You found a source for your 90 Tibetan Mastiffs yet?

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...now he'll buy a reserve in the fucking Himalaya's for that...:D

Gorilla George and Slider82 like this.
  18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And some humans stop thinking! :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The he'll want a Yeti.

joec, Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  20. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

I'm gonna settle the dog talk right now. The two top dogs are a Brittany and a German Shepard. If a Doberman wasn't only a three-season dog it might make a third. The breeds cascade down the lower tiers from there. Suffice to say ankle biters are on the bottom. Bald ankle biters are the bottom.