1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nicky Hayden Memorabilia

Discussion in 'General' started by 05Yamabomber, Feb 24, 2021.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Alright guys. Lets see your NH69 memorabilia. He was such a class act and never to be forgotten. Besides stickers on my bike, these are the only ones I have. Show off your stuff or tributes to such a US legend.

[​IMG]
    Cant get the stupid thing to show up right.

[​IMG]

cBJr, Razr and pscook like this.
  2. RRRepsolRider

RRRepsolRider Well-Known Member

Have a few things signed from Nicky. Got his Laguna ‘05 lid signed by him at Indy, art print signed at Indy as well. I bought a pair of shoes straight from his closet. Rose (his mom, duh) gave them to me an I day one year. His sister Kathleen shipped me a canvas print of his first/only WBSK win signed. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pride & Joy, cBJr, pjzocc and 5 others like this.
  3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Me getting his autograph (and talking Kentucky) and a poster my sons friend made for him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Not memorabilia, but a memory. Was racing at Putnam Park, and racing was done for the day. Went out to a restaurant, and the whole family was sitting in the both behind me. The kids were all acting like kids.

RRRepsolRider and BigBird like this.
  6. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Took my dad to Indy the first year. It was time for mid day interviews on Friday which my Pops cared nothing about so we took to the museum. Not another person in there, until Nicky came through on his crutches with two other people helping him, taking a short cut to the stage. Only time I met him. Incredibly gracious and not in a hurry at all. Spent what felt like an eternity chatting mostly w/ my dad as this was his first pro MC event ever. Nicky asked him most of the questions. Signed our passes which I still have at home. Treated us like we were the only thing on his agenda for the day.

7. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I have the OEM windscreen from my 06 RC51 signed by him. It was the year he won the GP so he signed it with #1. So god damn cool and he was the embodiment of class a genuine good guy.

Pride & Joy, 05Yamabomber and BigBird like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

There are some really cool items here! I really like that poster @rd400racer . Any chance of buying a copy or getting the art file so I can print and frame one?

I'm not an autograph collector, so I don't have any of his stuff, but I've talked with him at racetracks all over the place, going back to his early national days. I think the first time meeting him was at the Del Mar Mile flat track race in Del Mar, CA when he was 16-17 or so. I had a nice talk to him right after he pulled into his pits after his final MotoGP race.

I was in the scrum at some track in Europe once, stalking riders like everyone else, when here comes Nicky on his scooter. Like an idiot, I'm yelling his name, but all the Euros were quiet and in awe of his presence. Man, they loved that guy. They were speechless.

I visited his memorial at Misano in May of 2019.

69.jpg

9. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

At Indy at my first GP race I was walking around with a Hayden Ducati hat on and he had just finished practice and was walking to his team office I guess? The white building in the infield. I asked if I could get an autograph and he signed the hat and a poster. And stood and talked like he didn’t have a thing to do. Told him thanks and he clapped me on the shoulder and winked and said gotta go.

BigBird likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's a one/off that his friend did for him, he typically charges $500-1000. My family commissioned a similar print with Keith Moon as the subject for my 60th last year.

motion likes this.
  11. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

Back in ‘99 he was a guest instructor at Danny Walker’s Supercamp. Spent a couple days getting passed and watching him on an XR100 and several more recovering after thinking I could do it too. I don’t think he stopped smiling once.

There was some leftover Erion Honda swag he signed for everyone that I’ve managed to hang onto.

Attached Files:

12. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I think Cyndi's favorite memorabilia is Nicky himself.....

[​IMG]

grasshopper, DaveB, 418 and 2 others like this.
  13. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Met Nicky at Barber during a MotoAM event a couple years ago. This photo was taken up on the hill in the tent camping area. He and Tommy were getting a quick ride Saturday morning, I saw them and yelled for them to stop. Nicky looked over, hesitated, then came over and took a few photos with me and a few other fans; Tommy wanted to bolt and wasn't thrilled! Later that day he stopped and took a photo with my oldest daughter, then the next day after he rode a vintage AMA Honda superbike he signed several old Dunlop posters I had kept for almost a decade! All during these encounters he couldn't have been nicer!

After his passing I had a tee shirt made out of this photo and while another Barber MotoAM event I saw Rose and related the story of the photo. She said "well, thats Nicky and thats Tommy", then I asked for and received a hug.

What a family!
    RIP Nicky
    Kirk

Attached Files:

RRRepsolRider likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Owensboro is only about an hour south of us.
    D66D960C-AD87-4D86-9EAB-4771D820AA11.jpeg

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

All of these are from Laguna '05
    16142978632982.jpg 16142978632240.jpg 16142978632861.jpg

16. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

B6CB8247-B8A0-4775-BACF-6116697B49D5.jpeg DD3B7DA7-A412-4585-A03A-E07132D35B55.jpeg This cup is a hologram where he turns the front wheel...

17. eggfooyoung

18. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Is that the red one with the big star? I still kick myself for not buying it on my honeymoon cruise while shopping off shore in Nassau. I had permission from the fresh ball and chain and everything. I even talked the salesman down to about $500 new with the helmet case. I totally should’ve bought that sucker but I was young and still turning wrenches for a living and didn’t really ever wear a watch at the time as a result.

19. eggfooyoung

No, it was orange and black. I need to check suitcases and make sure its not in there.

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Man I wish they made his watches in an automatic. Love seeing all the memorabilia. I just have a print of his flat track photo that is super bad ass.