1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Jim Roth

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

Damn, don't know what to say, he's been a piece of this game for so long it's going to be weird not having him there. Scary as it may seem if you know Jim, we've all just acquired a new guardian angle to keep tabs on us. Thoughts with Lexi and Steve, hang in there!

2. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This last GNF, I was pitted next to Jim and worked tech with him. My condolences to his family and to the WERA family, staff and racers. I had a great time hanging out with him and he will be sorely missed by many.

gixxernaut likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My current intent is to just pretend he couldn't make it whatever weekend it is. :(

tomseviltwin likes this.
  5. alan

alan Well-Known Member

6. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

son of a bitch.
    I liked that guy!

7. J.C. #81

J.C. #81 Member

any word on service

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

This sucks. Jim took me under his wing last year and showed me ropes doing tech and working the races. I was really looking forward to hanging with him again this year. Great guy and will definitely be missed.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

First raced with him in V8 at Road Atlanta... We had a great battle going on only to end the race in a Red flag.. He was a class act.. I remember at the GNF he was feeling bad and I took him over a bottle of water from thanks to Ivey’s pits being right there.. I was in a sling after my fubar that weekend and we laughed about it.. prayers to his family and friends he had...

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

So sorry to hear this. RIP

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

RIP Jim

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

RIP Racer.

Does anyone have a pic of Jim? I can’t seem to place him.

13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I didn’t know him, but have seen him around.

Thanks for posting that link.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a local service for family and church folks in Lititz tomorrow but don't have details. There will be one at the Nelson endurance round.

16. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just wanted to say @Mongo, very nice touch on the plaque for this. Nvm that it was won by @Wheel Bearing

RRP, Wheel Bearing, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It appears he left us on the same calendar that he joined us. I woudln't mind that myself.
    I didn't "know" Jim until the picture was posted, then instantly remembered him from tech. Good dude.
    Condolences to family and the WERA gang, indeed. Ride the wind, Jim.

iomfan likes this.
  18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Do you know when the memorial for Jim is going to be this weekend?

19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I did find out the memorial service will take place today right after the endurance awards ceremony.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, happening now or more likely already done. Getting points and stuff handled so not over there sorry.